Sony Reveal Event: Future of Gaming on PS5 [2020-06-11]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah they seem in the same leauge of graphics. Both have not shown any gameplay though :)

If you played Horizon you’d know that every single pixel in the game is rendered in real time and there are no FMVs. This looked exactly the same but with an incredible density of detail. Everything turned to 100000.

The 4K video shows this density so much better than that shit stream (I’ll never get over this shit live stream fad).

Also, I saw several instances where I went “Ha! That’s ray tracing!” in a few videos (not in Horizon). Nice.

OK, Horizon looked amazing, but if someone told me that Kena was all pre-rendered I would believe him.
Something about the image quality (DOF, AA, illumination) looks really good on this.
Maybe it's just the art direction that really caught my eye, but it was the first game that really impressed me.

It was presented by a couple of movie CGI veterans, who I'd assume are taking the helm of the indie studio.
The CGI background might be the reason why Kena looks crazy good.

If you played Horizon you’d know that every single pixel in the game is rendered in real time and there are no FMVs. This looked exactly the same but with an incredible density of detail. Everything turned to 100000.

HZD PS5 looks amazing, but so did HZD PS4, forbidden west looks much better ofcourse, but it's not that UE5 level of amazing to it (mind blowing). I wasn't totally expecting a jump so big but you never know.
The small animals on the beach had very much detail to it.

HZD PS5 looks amazing, but so did HZD PS4, forbidden west looks much better ofcourse, but it's not that UE5 level of amazing to it (mind blowing). I wasn't totally expecting a jump so big but you never know.
The small animals on the beach had very much detail to it.

I did get that UE5 vibe actually. Granular detail literally everywhere. If anything, what is missing is the lighting model that UE5 has. But in terms of density, to my eye we’re up there.

j7hkyM.jpg

j7hEnA.jpg

j7hCTQ.jpg

It's a shame that over 7 million people made their eyes bleed by watching such horribly low quality livestreams. I'll say it again. They should have dumped high res videos instead. I really hope all future marketing learns to not do live streams on pure digital events.

OK, Horizon looked amazing, but if someone told me that Kena was all pre-rendered I would believe him.
In the cutscenes, definitely. Next-gen power is definitely suitable for real-time rendered TV animations going by that. The gameplay style doesn't maintain that CGI movie look though.

In the cutscenes, definitely. Next-gen power is definitely suitable for real-time rendered TV animations going by that. The gameplay style doesn't maintain that CGI movie look though.
I just saw it again (the video I just posted), and I have to agree.
The compression from the live feed hid quite a lot.
But nevertheless I still really like what I see.

It's a shame that over 7 million people made their eyes bleed by watching such horribly low quality livestreams. I'll say it again. They should have dumped high res videos instead.
I dunno. I think it's part of the experience, like going to a concert or theatre or football game where you'd get a much better, clearer view of the action/event if you watched it at home. There's likely a big social factor to be able to talk with mates about it too.

A lot of the games showed today look very good. And some of them look very fresh in terms of design as well.
firefox_kchSkLE3go.jpg firefox_gpT0suqdqw.jpg firefox_uEBqZ6aghV.jpg
firefox_JK7klTBqIv.png firefox_gq2YfP7FfI.jpg firefox_PA7rhkpFl3.jpg
firefox_YkCjLWLgKS.png

Something about the image quality (DOF, AA, illumination) looks really good on this.
Maybe it's just the art direction that really caught my eye, but it was the first game that really impressed me.

Now use that level design and environmental detail to make a new Ico game.

And take it away from the creator, because he'll take 10 years to finish it.

Good to see Sony keeps delivering. As a Battlefield fan, I was hoping for some there, but more to come later. I also understand the talks and doubt if Sony could mass produce that console. Looks like a piece of art. Now off to check the videos in 4K:cool:
Yea I need me some new battlefield :) I really missed it since 3/4

I did get that UE5 vibe actually. Granular detail literally everywhere. If anything, what is missing is the lighting model that UE5 has. But in terms of density, to my eye we’re up there.

Yup and its foliage that's moving and being interacted with by the character unlike Unreal V where the background looked static. Also Aloy looked a hell of a lot better than the character in the Unreal V tech demo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back