Sony Reveal Event: Future of Gaming on PS5 [2020-06-11]

Status
Not open for further replies.
GT7 is about the only thing I cared for(though I'm only at the Tokyo game now) and they chose to show what looks like gt:s and unless I missed it, no release date. They should've shown something that made you think, hell yeah, this is gt:7.
They did show a Forza Horizon / Need for Speed Heat style overworld map, which may be their new progression system. GTS looks so good that I’d be happy with improved reflections, imperceptible LODs, a complete VR mode, and locked 1080p120 (see: VR mode) / 4k60 modes. And do something so the console doesn’t melt when playing with the menus. My Pro fan explodes at the daily races UI.

Ratchet and Clank looks nice, but I hope it doesn't focus so much on the world switching that it becomes too gimmicky.
I think it’s a fairly local teleport (a la X-Men’s Nightcrawler) rather than a world switch, but it does emphasize instant perspective shift. A fun grappling hook.

The version with the optical drive looks fugly as sin. Like it has a wart on it.
Let’s just say white isn’t its color.

Optical version definitely not stackable. I'm not even sure the digital version is stackable. Looks like they are both meant to be used vertically.
Well, nothing should be stacked ;)*, but they did show one of them horizontal at the end.

* It sure looks like they just stacked the optical drive onto the digital edition. Yikes.

Last edited:
Horizon PS5 looked like a better looking Zero Dawn, really nice. And I dig the new robots. But Ratchet looked like something totally new. It was easily the most impressive game of the show, and I am not even a fan of either the gameplay nor the design.

Very disappointed by the Housemarque game, as expected. Another 3rd person story driven game that will have to compete against all the others similar games of the new console. I hope after this one they'll go back to their roots.

GT7 looked great, tracks are a lot more detailed, lots of trees, foliage, and raytraced reflections.
hope the VR version will look good too.

I think it’s a fairly local teleport (a la X-Men’s Nightcrawler) rather than a world switch, but it does emphasize instant perspective shift. A fun grappling hook.

Just rewatched the trailer on 4K60.
In the beginning it's definitely world change, not local teleport. But they do have a ~2s transition zone between them.

Good to see Sony keeps delivering. As a Battlefield fan, I was hoping for some there, but more to come later. I also understand the talks and doubt if Sony could mass produce that console. Looks like a piece of art. Now off to check the videos in 4K:cool:

Insomniac proving themselves once again at delivering top quality content in a timely fashion.
Horizon looked amazing watching the proper quality trailers so did Gran Turismo 7.

They did show a Forza Horizon / Need for Speed Heat style overworld map, which may be their new progression system. GTS looks so good that I’d be happy with improved reflections, imperceptible LODs, a complete VR mode, and locked 1080p120 (see: VR mode) / 4k60 modes. And do something so the console doesn’t melt when playing with the menus. My Pro fan explodes at the daily races UI.
I'll have to rewatch it again in higher res.
Put your pro in the freezer.

OK, Horizon looked amazing, but if someone told me that Kena was all pre-rendered I would believe him.
Something about the image quality (DOF, AA, illumination) looks really good on this.
Maybe it's just the art direction that really caught my eye, but it was the first game that really impressed me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back