Sony: Press Conference & Tokyo Game Show

Have no idea where to put this.

I'll just leave it here:
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-mark-cerny-lead-architect-playstation-vita

PlayStation 4 lead architect Mark Cerny carried out the same role in the development of PlayStation Vita, Digital Foundry can reveal. Cerny's involvement in the creation of Sony's handheld hasn't been discussed publicly by the platform holder, but his key involvement in the project is now a matter of record.

So Vita is his lead system architect proving ground. :)

I remember that one of the translators quickly mentioned in that pre-TGS conference a week ago that Cerny was system architect of Vita.

So he's 0-1 on commercially successful systems so far...
Buit who's fault his that - his for designing a turkey, or Sony for pursuing a market that's rapidly disappearing? There isn't much correlation that can be drawn between Vita's success and Cerny's input, nor applied to PS4. I'd like to know who was responsible for leaving out HDMI though.

So he's 0-1 on commercially successful systems so far...

Ah but the Vita is not a game console, it may be a family of consoles. The type that has multiple form factors, or even updated every few years to keep up with competing platforms.

It is also a Gaikai client.

The portable, PS Vita, is just the first incarnation.

Ah but the a Vita is not a game console, it may be a family of consoles. The type that has multiple form factors, or even updated every few years to keep up with competing platforms.

It is also a Gaikai client.

The portable, PS Vita, is just the first incarnation.

I guess if they keep selling it for years it may eventually sell well. Having owned the first incarnation of it , I can say they were way off the mark of what a portable game system should be. Maybe as a $100 tv console like oyua it will find its niche.

The only time I hear anyone speak of vita now a days is for the ps4 streaming feature , but none of them will buy it cause it requires you to allways be online and they might find themselves without internet at some point and they can't have that :devilish:

I guess if they keep selling it for years it may eventually sell well. Having owned the first incarnation of it , I can say they were way off the mark of what a portable game system should be. Maybe as a $100 tv console like oyua it will find its niche.

The only time I hear anyone speak of vita now a days is for the ps4 streaming feature , but none of them will buy it cause it requires you to allways be online and they might find themselves without internet at some point and they can't have that :devilish:

You can stream on the local network without the requirement of the internet, itd be great for people at uni who have a 1GBIT connection the local network that bridges over to the wireless (like me) I can play my PS4 via my Vita at the comp labs :D

You can stream on the local network without the requirement of the internet, itd be great for people at uni who have a 1GBIT connection the local network that bridges over to the wireless (like me) I can play my PS4 via my Vita at the comp labs :D

But people have horrible connections at uni based on previous threads ! everyone I know talks about using it outside of the home , it is a portable system. You will certainly require a connection to the internet for that

But people have horrible connections at uni based on previous threads ! everyone I know talks about using it outside of the home , it is a portable system. You will certainly require a connection to the internet for that

Uhh, my Internet is horrible (~2.5mbit off net, which means anything not on the research network) the local network is 1GBIT to everything because its just standard ethernet, so what Im saying doesn't really invalidate the other.

Yes youll need internet to stream when not being on the local network isn't this obvious?.

Uhh, my Internet is horrible (~2.5mbit off net, which means anything not on the research network) the local network is 1GBIT to everything because its just standard ethernet, so what Im saying doesn't really invalidate the other.

Yes youll need internet to stream when not being on the local network isn't this obvious?.

I was making a joke about the hyped up feature for the vita needing an internet connection to work and that people were bummed cause they might at some point loose acess to the internet with their daily lives when they are on the go , you know what people were upset about for the stationary xbox one. Mabye hopped on Nyquil I couldn't get enough sarcasm in my posts to come through on the internet.

A lot of my friends were really hyped up about that feature. I have a friend who has a vita and is getting a ps4 /xbox one through gamestop for free. He wanted to know the logistics of streaming it while we are at Disney and pax east next year. I told him we would have to hook it up to my network and see what the stream takes and then we can see if its feesible to do . 3 gigs seems to be $35 bucks on most cariers

I was making a joke about the hyped up feature for the vita needing an internet connection to work and that people were bummed cause they might at some point loose acess to the internet with their daily lives when they are on the go , you know what people were upset about for the stationary xbox one. Mabye hopped on Nyquil I couldn't get enough sarcasm in my posts to come through on the internet.

but it doesn't need internet unless you want to it outside of the local network, and it also works fine (sans streaming) without internet.

but it doesn't need internet unless you want to it outside of the local network, and it also works fine (sans streaming) without internet.

Yes , every day of the week I will choose the 5 inch vita screen to play ps4 games instead of the ps4 in the same house.

PS4 streaming dos not work without the internet outside of your home . Right now that is the feature for the vita everyone is talking about. There is no hype around the games for the system currently.

Yes , every day of the week I will choose the 5 inch vita screen to play ps4 games instead of the ps4 in the same house.

PS4 streaming dos not work without the internet outside of your home . Right now that is the feature for the vita everyone is talking about. There is no hype around the games for the system currently.

Well it would certainly be useful when you only have 1 TV, and someone wants to use that to you know watch TV, or movies ;)

Why would you need Vita to be always online ? That's just nonsense. :)

I played P3P for hundreds of hours without any network connection, except for looking up tips using the web browser.

PS4 streaming and PS3 Gaikai streaming.

Outside the house, you should be able to play with plenty of PSP and Vita games, offline or tethered. Who knows, may be we can play Vita streaming games in Starbucks with Google's gigabit network when it's ready.

Vita owners are kinda spoiled by PS+, not necessarily individual titles even though I heard the latest title, KZ:Mercenary, is good.

PS4 streaming and PS3 Gaikai streaming.

Outside the house, you should be able to play with plenty of PSP and Vita games, offline or tethered. Who knows, may be we can play Vita streaming games in Starbucks with Google's gigabit network when it's ready.

Vita owners are kinda spoiled by PS+, not necessarily individual titles even though I heard the latest title, KZ:Mercenary, is good.

free games are only of value when they are fun to play. Current vita sales speak to that fact

Well it would certainly be useful when you only have 1 TV, and someone wants to use that to you know watch TV, or movies ;)
1tv but $600 + in video game hardware ?

Back