The Annual E3 Sony press conference thread, 2014 edition

We will see next year I guess ! cause if the cgi was playing a cgi video and they captured the video playing on it , it would still be correct.

But hey who knows

It's probably not CGI nor prerendered, as it looks like an intro to level with smooth transition to (user controlled) gameplay.

All footage you see in the trailer was captured completely in engine. We’re targeting 60fps for Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End and as you can see the visual fidelity for our character models will reach new heights. In fact, thanks to the power of the PS4, right now Drake’s Uncharted 4 model is over double the polygons of Joel from The Last of Us PS3.

http://www.naughtydog.com/site/post/uncharted_4_a_thiefs_end_2014_e3_trailer/

In-Engine ≠ real-time

I wasn't seeing things. "The following trailer was captured directly from a PS4."

That's not saying a lot though is it? You can capture CGI directly from PS4, even the in engine claims can be technically true but doesn't mean the visuals will match. Having said that ND usually does a decent job of closely matching the visuals in their cut scenes with actual gameplay so who knows... Knowing what we know about the developer it wouldn't surprise me if it was close to that.

Backlash incoming if gameplay model doesn't match trailer. I was very impressed, but Sony has a history of doing this so......

I really want it to be in game though. My absolute favorite PS3 franchise.

Doubting ND? :LOL::LOL:

Edit:

HOLY SHIT

14386293992_6498b24bb8_o.jpg

That's not saying a lot though is it? You can capture CGI directly from PS4, even the in engine claims can be technically true but doesn't mean the visuals will match. Having said that ND usually does a decent job of closely matching the visuals in their cut scenes with actual gameplay so who knows... Knowing what we know about the developer it wouldn't surprise me if it was close to that.

What are you saying? We know these two facts:

1. this trailer was captured completely in engine.

2,.this trailer was captured directly from a PS4.

Where does pre-rendered CG come from?

What are you saying? We know these two facts:

Where does pre-rendered CG come from?

The post about prerendered came up when I was replying but the point still stands, stating you captured the footage from a PS4 is about as meaningless as saying UC is exclusive to PS4. Maybe you should say what you think it means.

But keep in mind they took the time to say captured, not gameplay....

How do you know those things are fact?

Believe me I hope the actual game looks like that but there is no proof yet.
ND use Ps3 and Ps4 farms for alot of there in engine cinematics. That would technically make it from the Ps4 and in engine. When they show in game footage next E3 Im sure it will look close to this trailer.

How do you know those things are fact?

Believe me I hope the actual game looks like that but there is no proof yet.
ND use Ps3 and Ps4 farms for alot of there in engine cinematics. That would technically make it from the Ps4 and in engine. When they show in game footage next E3 Im sure it will look close to this trailer.

These facts are official statements.

So are you implying that this trailer is pre-rendered and recorded then a video file is played on PS4? While a pre-rendered video file can be played on any PC, they still claim it is played on a PS4?

its silly to get into this now. They will show the game off again in the future and we will see what it looks like.

Lets not forget that The ps4 has restrictions on hardware usage which could have been turned off/by passed for an in game movie.

This looks even beyond ryse which is the best looking game I've seen this gen. So i'm skeptical this trailer is what we will get to play next year

its silly to get into this now. They will show the game off again in the future and we will see what it looks like.

Lets not forget that The ps4 has restrictions on hardware usage which could have been turned off/by passed for an in game movie.

This looks even beyond ryse which is the best looking game I've seen this gen. So i'm skeptical this trailer is what we will get to play next year

I agree that it is possible to be a real-time rendered cut-scene movie. But I cannot believe that it is just a pre-rendered video file and nautydog claim that "this video file is captured directly from a PS4 " which is completely meaningless.

These facts are official statements.

So are you implying that this trailer is pre-rendered and recorded then a video file is played on PS4? While a pre-rendered video file can be played on any PC, they still claim it is played on a PS4?

The Last of Us was also introduced as "captured directly from a Playstation 3." It was technically true, but totally not realtime. The phrase is meaningless, and if anything a red flag that the footage was prerendered at higher quality on their farm.

For context anyone can go and look at other 'in engine' video and compare it to released game play and see that at times 'in engine' doesn't tell you a whole lot.

To be clear I have no doubt that UC4 will be a beautiful game my point is simply that in engine or captured from PS4 isn't telling you anything.

Should have shortened the middle part, but decent press conference overall. Was disappointed there was no Polyphony or Sony Santa Monica and I wish I saw more of Uncharted; but what I saw of it was incredible.

Surprised nobody here mentioned the Ratchet and Clank movie, or the remake of the first game. Both coming out next year.

I hope the remake fixes the first game's final boss. I hated that damn bastard so much. Had to use cheats to buy a RYNO in order to kill him. He just had too much HP.

Back