Sony PlayStation cross-platform game strategy

Sales on PC tend to have long tails. All titles released thus far haven't been day and date which hurts sales.
There will be people who own both platforms and would have bought games on PC instead of PlayStation had that been an option, but I don't know that there is any body of evidence to suggest that this is a large number. Based on all the platform sales numbers of games that are released on multiple platforms at the same time, it feels like many games just sell better on console.

Mentally I have games I want to play on my sofa with a controller, and games I would much rather sit at my desk to play. Used to have a gaming PC hooked up to my TV but I realise I've not used that since Christmas. I've not even been switched on, so I probably need to download a mountain of Windows updates, client updates and game updates.. :runaway:

Right now I am torn between continuing my latest Skyrim playthrough on console on the sofa or Stellaris at my desk. Skyrim. Stellaris. Skyrim. Stellaris. There can be only one!

GT 7 will arrive on PC.
GT7 is considered to arrive on PC.

And IMO, if it arrives, most likely online servers will not be crossplay with PlayStation [where they are no cheaters].

cant they cheat via save editor? or cheats must be real time (thus with a hacked PS4/5) because all kinds of saves are in the cloud?

GT 7 will arrive on PC.
that's good news, my most favourite Sony exclusive has always been Gran Turismo.

n5WtT10.jpeg

Because it's almost 7 years after the original release.
Bring on Killzone quadrilogy and Resistance trilogy!

Eh well maybe not. I think it was strange the PS3 games were never ported to PS4 though.

Last edited:
Bring on Killzone quadrilogy and Resistance trilogy!

Eh well maybe not. I think it was strange the PS3 games were never ported to PS4 though.

They didn't consider shooters to be important to their platform or their users. Oh wait...

Would love to see Resistance released on PC as I've always wanted to play through that series.

Regards,
SB

They didn't consider shooters to be important to their platform or their users. Oh wait...

Would love to see Resistance released on PC as I've always wanted to play through that series.

Regards,
SB
If they never considered them important they wouldnt have bothered making 2 Killzones, 3 Resistences for PS3, a remastered version of Killzone 1 and another Killzone for PS4.
Plus competition is too fierce in the FPS genre and due to COD maybe?

They did try and the results werent good enough with their efforts apparently.

The Killzones and Resistances are definitely on the same page as the Halos/CODs of those timeframes. Resistance 3 is a bit more involved / developed though and it was more reminiscent of Metro 2033/Last Light or Half Life 2.

Last edited:
Gt7 on pc please. Then hopefully it will be cracked super fast to work offline so I can cheat with no concern, and VR injectors would work fine.

Seriously, gt7 on pc in vr would be amazing

A job advertising for creating PC software maybe a PC launcher for the Sony games or maybe just some job on the Sony SDK for windows.

We're looking for a Software Engineer II who will craft and develop Microsoft Windows® PC based software for the PlayStation® and other applications/devices. You will provide strong technical abilities in highly secure and performant PC based software design and development.

Role Responsibilities:
  • Design, implement and maintain Windows platform based SDK
  • Produce excellent, detailed design and development documentation
  • Work with team members to deliver features on time, respond to evolving requirements, and strategic shifts in direction
  • Familiar and comfortable with Agile/Scrum software development methodology

Last edited:
It's funny and entirely unrealistic to see basically just 1 step above entry position and typically 2 steps below Senior use the following adjectives on what they need to produce: "excellent, detailed design and development", when pretty much you'd be lucky to get that out of some Seniors.

Back