Sony PlayStation cross-platform game strategy

PC gaming market surpassed console along time ago, this trend started over 5/6 years ago.

https://www.gamasutra.com/view/news..._revenue_now_exceeds_console_game_revenue.php

You do realise I have a PC that shits on my PS5 right? I think you're confusing yourself, I'm simply here looking at the data and trying to understand what Sonys long term plan is and calling out bad ideas.

Yeah, as a playstation user its quite hard to swallow Jim Ryan's plans. Your also still comparing the whole console market versus the singular pc platform.

Nvidia-Game-Sales-Data-640x357.jpg

image-3-1024x575.png

64215_7_pc-gaming-catches-up-console-earnings-2018_full.png

it is what it is, the PC market install base and revenue is larger than all consoles combined. Playstation tops out at around 100 million, of which a small percentage buy into these cinematic aaa experiences. Yeah, theres good reason for Sony to slowly start expanding to the pc. I really like Jim Ryan's view of the future.

https://www.theverge.com/2021/2/23/22297091/days-gone-pc-playstation-games-ports-jim-ryan

PC gaming market surpassed console along time ago, this trend started over 5/6 years ago.

https://www.gamasutra.com/view/news..._revenue_now_exceeds_console_game_revenue.php

Yeah, as a playstation user its quite hard to swallow Jim Ryan's plans. Your also still comparing the whole console market versus the singular pc platform.

image-3-1024x575.png

it is what it is, the PC market install base and revenue is larger than all consoles combined. Playstation tops out at around 100 million, of which a small percentage buy into these cinematic aaa experiences. Yeah, theres good reason for Sony to slowly start expanding to the pc. I really like Jim Ryan's view of the future.

https://www.theverge.com/2021/2/23/22297091/days-gone-pc-playstation-games-ports-jim-ryan
And yet again you regurgitate the same shit that does nothing to back up your claims.

There is a market to release 2+ yo exclusives (no one is disputing that) but not to move completely from the current situation.

image-3-1024x575.png

So under the same logic I suppose my 60 year old aunt playing Candy Crash on Mobile is the same person that will buy Horizon Zero Dawn?

I mean.....the Mobile market is bigger than PC even, lets move all games to mobiles.....but wait....remember how angry people were when the next Diablo game wasnt going to be a real sequel on PC but a reskinned game on Mobile?

Really do you honestly believe that Sony and Nintendo will benefit by sacrificing their platform to get cash from PC?

So under the same logic I suppose my 60 year old aunt playing Candy Crash on Mobile is the same person that will buy Horizon Zero Dawn?

I mean.....the Mobile market is bigger than PC even, lets move all games to mobiles.....but wait....remember how angry people were when the next Diablo game wasnt going to be a real sequel on PC but a reskinned game on Mobile?

Really do you honestly believe that Sony and Nintendo will benefit by sacrificing their platform to get cash from PC?

Nah, theres no HZD, RDR2, Doom Eternal, Global Offensive, HL Alyx, Forza etc on mobile ;) Different markets. PC is a place for every genre.

Sony aint sacrificing anything by getting extra sales from a PC version.

PC-Revenue.jpg

I both like and hate this.

Like it because it's another indication that Sony are likely closer to porting all their future games to PC. Hate it because that means one of the best console to PC port studios is now unlikely to be porting non-Sony console games to PC.

Regards,
SB
Don't worry, MS will buy the rest.

It did, then it didn't. Your data and the article you linked is from 2014 and is presenting data from IDC. Below is the IDC data now - pay attention to the growth stats of the individual platforms.

The console market is currently larger and growing faster.

im-274254

Jim Ryan said there will be more PS games on PC. Few months later they aquire a studio well-known for porting console to PC games, in particular PS games.

It did, then it didn't. Your data and the article you linked is from 2014 and is presenting data from IDC. Below is the IDC data now - pay attention to the growth stats of the individual platforms.

The console market is currently larger and growing faster.

image-3-1024x575.png

Those werent 2014 though. Console userbase is smaller, in special considering PC vs just PS, instead of ALL consoles combined.

Those werent 2014 though. Console userbase is smaller, in special considering PC vs just PS, instead of ALL consoles combined.

Those two graphs both show that the smaller console market spends more money than the larger PC gaming market.

So well done.. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Those two graphs both show that the smaller console market spends more money than the larger PC gaming market.

So well done.. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

gtjns4j4mg821.png

It seems the console is on the decline here, not the PC. Also, the pc market value is about as large as ALL the consoles combined. PS seems quite niche all of a suddan lol.

THE GRAPH LITERALLY SHOWS A DECLINE IN PC MARKET REVENUE!

WTF!

And it doesnt for console? do you even view the graph?
Consoles started with 45% and ended up covering 22%, and thats all consoles combined. Hell, the annual growth rate for the pc actually is +3.1% versus the console at +2.3%.

Its the consoles that saw less growth as opposed to the PC, which also seems to have a more stable and steady market cap revenue.

And it doesnt for console? do you even view the graph?
The graph that shows the console market is bigger than the PC market.
The graph that shows that the PC market declined 2% in the last two years.
The graph that shows the console market declined 1% in the last two years.

Yes, I can see it. :yep2:

The number you are confusing as relevant is the 2012 to 2021 figure, which again is a remnant of the past situation.

I would stop the feeding, guys.
Just press the ignore button.

This is the same user who recently said the PS5 was "a paper launch", and just yesterday said AMD's GPUs are "two generations behind" Nvidia's.
Yes, what's in quotes are actual words written.
The purpose here isn't to provide arguments for a discussion. It's just bait and fodder for derailment on select threads, like this one.

Back