Some developer comments on PS3/X360 (Edge Magazine)

Status
Not open for further replies.
RawSmackdown said:
Titanio said:
The thread has been exposed to Opa-Ages.

I think that explains it pretty much.

If you've a problem with the quotes, go cry to the devs. Again, if you want me to find a quote from any of the third parties in this mag that says X360 is more powerful than PS3, it's simply not there. What do you want me to do?

:oops: :? :oops: :? :oops: :?

It has to do with the fact that you have ONLY ever posted positive information related to PS3 and would only take active part in Negative Xbox 360 information if not actually generate some of it on your own. In fact when there are positive articles about Xbox 360 you would then take in full part of your own behalf to try and break down the information to make the PS3 appear to be superior.

There are hundreds of posts of yours on Gaming Age and B3D that reflect this, hence the reason why you're a known as the Sony Whore. A search history on your posts shows and proves this to be true.

This is why no one takes anything you post seriously and the reason why people are here calling you out. This is something you have brought upon yourself.

Exactly. I could care less which system has the slight edge in power(they'll both be pretty comparable.) But to believe anything this guy says without questioning it, fully knowing his posting history is ridiculous.

RawSmackdown said:
It has to do with the fact that you have ONLY ever posted positive information related to PS3 and would only take active part in Negative Xbox 360 information if not actually generate some of it on your own. In fact when there are positive articles about Xbox 360 you would then take in full part of your own behalf to try and break down the information to make the PS3 appear to be superior.

There are hundreds of posts of yours on Gaming Age and B3D that reflect this, hence the reason why you're a known as the Sony Whore. A search history on your posts shows and proves this to be true.

This is why no one takes anything you post seriously and the reason why people are here calling you out. This is something you have brought upon yourself.

I have openly been more positive on PS3's potential - always. I expect and hope newer hardware to be more powerful - I expect and hope any system to be as powerful as it can be at launch. I just like what I hear about it more, technically.

The comments you have a problem with in this thread are not mine, however. If I wanted to piss you off, I could post more comments from those people than I have. But I don't want to piss you off, so I haven't.

Go back to wherever you came from. It saddens me that this forum is now so watched by trolls from other boards that they incite this kind of behaviour.

Considering Takahashi states in this interview (taken in May of this year) that devs have had 360 kits for 'over a year' (which would mean initial kits shipped early 2004), I don't believe a single word of it. Pure speculation of his part, not surprising if you've read his, albeit good but often offbased, book.

Oda, seriously, MS did have devkits out well over a year ago. They didn't contain final hardware obviously, but that's not the point. MS was handing out devkits to selct people back around the time the first XNA demos were created.

it's painfully obvious that this topic was made as cannon fodder for all the PS3 zelots here to lash back at Microsoft becaue of lack of information, gimme a break already. I can't belvie it went this long without being locked

Am I at IGN or Beyond3d?

OpaOpa said:
Where are the quotes from ATI in the article? i'm not seeing them. Pathetic.

And where are the NVidia quotes? There's a whole interview with them in there I did not touch.

This is not one article, it's multiple articles. I cannot post everything. I focussed here on comments from third parties with a technical focus.

My patience is dwindling, if you don't like what these devs are saying there's nothing I can do for you.

Good grief.

Qroach said:
Oda, seriously, MS did have devkits out well over a year ago. They didn't contain final hardware obviously, but that's not the point. MS was handing out devkits to selct people back around the time the first XNA demos were created.
So then it would be a fair guess to say those initial dev kits were what, -27% as powerful as final hardware? :rolleyes:

As much as it may tick you off, and as much as you may believe every single thing you read, I do not. I look at what is in front of me, and make my opinions on such. There is not a single title shown for the 360 that indicates a development time of even close to 18+ months.

And I will be surprised off my ASS if titles like Full Auto, Perfect Dark Zero, Kameo, etc. launch looking anything beyond slightly more polished than what was shown at E3.

c0_re said:
it's painfully obvious that this topic was made as cannon fodder for all the PS3 zelots here to lash back at Microsoft becaue of lack of information, gimme a break already. I can't belvie it went this long without being locked

Am I at IGN or Beyond3d?

well in ps3 forum is still more hostile than here but the 360 forum it's quiter since they just get people banned for trolling.

OpaOpa said:
What other devs did you leave out? As far as I'm concerned you already posted Nvidia's comments with Mark Rein.

:LOL:

There's two comments from Climax about the general challenges of next gen development (nothing specific to either platform). One from Rebellion on the same subject.

There's more from Mark Rein about MS's general strategy, and there's more talk from SNSystems that I don't think you'd like to hear.

There are comments from David Braben, John Baez, Alex Ward, David Perry, Gabe Newell and David Cage, but none of them talk specifically about either of the systems.

edit - oh, and there's one more quote hiding on the inside of the front cover from Peter Molyneux, where he says that people won't notice the difference and power doesn't matter (which Edge uses as springboard to point out, effectively, that power does matter, hence this issues focus on next-gen hardware).

Your behaviour (and this isn't anything new from you either), and those from your board is simply unbelievable, and I do hope the mods address it.

If I wanted to be the little Sony troll that you think I am - would I have posted Rein's comments about the alpha kits only being 25% of final? Would I have posted the comments about Xbox being a lead dev platform right now? Would I have not posted from the NVidia interview? And more from the SNSystems interview?

I don't need to justify myself to you. It's not the lack of positive X360 comment there that bugs you, it's simply the merest whisper of "PS3 is more powerful".

ODA

As much as it may tick you off, and as much as you may believe every single thing you read, I do not.

right good for you. please note, that i didn't read that anywhere. I didn't need to with a VERY early devkit sent from MS in early 2004 sitting in the office next to where i was located. :rolleyes:

RawSmackdown said:

Titanio's persona stands on its own here. Do you honestly believe you have made such a big splash here yourself? Do you honestly believe we are unable to make up our own minds about Titanio's posting integrity w/o your help? Do you honestly believe that your own credibility weighs in so much more than others who have been here for quite a bit longer, when your own post count is what, like 5? The only persona you should be worrying about here is your own.

For the love of everything that might still be half-technical at Beyond3D, PLEASE, ban most of the guys responding in this thread.
Also, it seems quite damn probable to me that Hardknock and RawSmakdown are the same person. They replied to each other in 5 minutes intervals. If that is indeed the case, how low can you go? If not, I apologize, although it really isn't much better to be honest.
This thread needs to be locked, but that just doesn't matter. Mods, just ask Dave to look at this thread, and ask him if he thinks massive banning action is necessary. Perhaps I'm wrong, but I doubt this is what the founders of the site wanted it to become.

Uttar

Qroach said:
ODA

As much as it may tick you off, and as much as you may believe every single thing you read, I do not.

right good for you. please note, that i didn't read that anywhere. I didn't need to with a VERY early devkit sent from MS in early 2004 sitting in the office next to where i was located. :rolleyes:

Ok Qroach I would like to know something. Being that you guys had devkits for so long what were you actually doing. Did you actually program for it or was it more drawing concept renders, making a storyline, and things of that nature?

Qroach said:
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

LOL, how convenient. I can't believe how obsessed some of you are in defending every single thing said about MS.

Here's a tip: make this industry better and call MS out on the BS they've been spending more time on spreading than strengthening their launch and beyond lineups with titles that a) matter, and b) actually look good.

Call me a PS3/Sony fanboy all you want, I could care less. I'm just supremely displeased/disappointed in what MS is showing.

Ok Qroach I would like to know something. Being that you guys had devkits for so long what were you actually doing. Did you actually program for it or was it more drawing concept renders, making a storyline, and things of that nature?

Tech demos. can't tell ya more than that. As many people invovled on the MS side moved on and the focus changed fom tech demo's to real games (a better approach if you want to really sell consoles.)

Christ. I'd gladly give up my ability to post if every poster's account from the last few months was culled from the database.

This is just stupid -- get off it guys. Who cares which is more powerful? It isn't the end of the world if PS3 is more powerful? As if graphics were ever truely a part of gameplay. If you guys are playing games just to look at pretty graphics, you're playing for the wrong reasons.

Oda you're already on the ban list I'm certain (at least you'd be on my ban list). So I'd suggest shutting your mouth before you force them to make you say "bye bye". Ok? fantastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back