Some developer comments on PS3/X360 (Edge Magazine)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Qroach said:
Oda you're already on the ban list I'm certain (at least you'd be on my ban list). So I'd suggest shutting your mouth before you force them to make you say "bye bye". Ok? fantastic.
If I get banned simply because I don't believe the incoherent rantings of some guy's convenient claims, then so be it, why bother posting here if expressing one's opinions is ban-worthy?

You keep backing up every single little tidbit about MS and it's awesomely awesome and infallible new system ok? FANTASTIC!

I have one more question. Why is it that when someone's thread tends to make the PS3 look very powerful, some people never believe it? But when ATI says something great about the Xenos and its edram people act like its the second coming of Jesus Christ?

Oda said:
Qroach said:
Oda you're already on the ban list I'm certain (at least you'd be on my ban list). So I'd suggest shutting your mouth before you force them to make you say "bye bye". Ok? fantastic.
If I get banned simply because I don't believe the incoherent rantings of some guy's convenient claims, then so be it, why bother posting here if expressing one's opinions is ban-worthy?

You keep backing up every single little tidbit about MS and it's awesomely awesome and infallible new system ok? FANTASTIC!

maybe cuz he's a dev and he knows?

OpaOpa said:
For those of you who don't know who TInanio(gofreak) is, he is a Sony apologist who sports a X360 avatar, which gives him free reign to slam anything MS related without fear of being banned.

So why does this matter. Who cares if he post at another forum.

Qroach said:
you know, I would love to be a mod again just so I can keep people like ODA out of these forums.

Ok so would you ban the other 2 guys that ACTUALLY started this bickering?

dukmahsik said:
Of course he is, that's why he knows all devs create tech demos... :rolleyes:

BTW, I'm Ken Kuturagi. Do you believe me? Why not?

I'm not currentlly developing oanything on xbox 360. currently i'm working on cell phone and Nintendo DS projects.

However a company i work for worked with MS early on with some intersting things. That was how I found out early devkits were out there. Jeez, there are others here that used early devkits ( those same people also corrected me on some info I had wrong regarding the hardware in those early devkits).

just to clear the air, i think both systems offer enough goodies to get the geek side out in most of us, cell for ps3 and xenos for 360. i wonder if they mated cell to xenos what would happen! :LOL:

but yeah, im more for 360 to clear the air, MS has a better business sense, online service, and very comparable hardware. if i remember correctly ps2's cpu is much better than xbox's cpu and look how the ai, physics, etc turned out... pretty much even. i say both systems will be in 90-95% of each other for 1st party games. what makes me like 360 better are the games and live. halo 3 cometh! :devilish:

edit: i think the cpu in ps3 > cpu in 360 and xenos > rsx. much like current gen but much much closer in performance. down the line, i'd like to see awesome physics and ai from ps3 and awesome gfx from 360. :D

Titanio said:
RawSmackdown said:
It has to do with the fact that you have ONLY ever posted positive information related to PS3 and would only take active part in Negative Xbox 360 information if not actually generate some of it on your own. In fact when there are positive articles about Xbox 360 you would then take in full part of your own behalf to try and break down the information to make the PS3 appear to be superior.

There are hundreds of posts of yours on Gaming Age and B3D that reflect this, hence the reason why you're a known as the Sony Whore. A search history on your posts shows and proves this to be true.

This is why no one takes anything you post seriously and the reason why people are here calling you out. This is something you have brought upon yourself.

I have openly been more positive on PS3's potential - always. I expect and hope newer hardware to be more powerful - I expect and hope any system to be as powerful as it can be at launch. I just like what I hear about it more, technically.

The comments you have a problem with in this thread are not mine, however. If I wanted to piss you off, I could post more comments from those people than I have. But I don't want to piss you off, so I haven't.

Go back to wherever you came from. It saddens me that this forum is now so watched by trolls from other boards that they incite this kind of behaviour.

I'm not replying on behalf of the comments you posted, I am replying on behalf of people calling you out. You missed what I have said about you.

You have proven to be selective in the past on GA and here. And your selectiveness shows that you favor and ONLY favor the PS3, not technology in general. Every single chance you get to add to another negative Xbox 360 Spin, you will do that. Every chance you get to make the PS3 appear "greater" than it will actually be, you do that. Your stealth trolling has far proceeded you and that is the reason why people are calling you out on it.

The only difference between your stealth trolling and just normal trolls in general is that you're less aggressive about addressing specific people. None the less, you're adding to the troll levels to begin with.

Every post you make these days gives people the perception that all you're doing it praising Sony, a company that has a massive history of broken promises, under-performing hardware, non-existent marketechture, and mis-informed PR.

That is who you are.

opaopa said:
Pathetic. You pick some random middleware companies that will never make it off the ground and Mark Rein instead of all these other devs, yet you still claim to have no agenda?

well the other comments are all none platform specific, and mostly about the propects/challanges for next gen as a whole.

OpaOpa said:
You pick some random middleware companies that will never make it off the ground and Mark Rein instead of all these other devs, yet you still claim to have no agenda? :rolleyes:

Those devs do not make any specific references to either system, and no comparative references. If you're looking for "positive" X360 comments from them, you won't find them. They make NO comments specifically about either system, good or bad.

And your comment re. SNSystems only highlights your ignorance. You may not have ever heard of them - surprise surprise - but devs have.

I will not engage in this any further. Your history here speaks for itself. Good night.

Forum Rules (read before posting)

http://www.beyond3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=568480#568480

Neeyik said:
Please remember the following:

- No part of the Beyond3D discussion board is there for the use of belittling, harrassing or insulting other members; this includes all sections and the private messaging system. If you cannot converse in a civil and informative manner, then this discussion board is not suitable for you.

NOTE:

When no mods are around, just continually refer to this link...

Forum Rules (read before posting)

http://www.beyond3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=568480#568480

Neeyik said:
Please remember the following:

- No part of the Beyond3D discussion board is there for the use of belittling, harrassing or insulting other members; this includes all sections and the private messaging system. If you cannot converse in a civil and informative manner, then this discussion board is not suitable for you.

NOTE:

When no mods are around, just continually refer to this link...

I just wanted to say something to address some of the discussion that was going on closer to the beginning of this thread. This will be totally obvious to developers & programmers (who have far more knowledge than I do)... but this might help some of the non-techies, about Xbox 360 Alpha hardware:

not only was Alpha hardware (which ran games at E3) just 25 to 30 percent as powerful as what developers will have in real Xbox 360 hardware, the Alpha hardware does not even use actual Xbox 360 architecture. So it is not just a clockspeed difference.

Alpha kits had dual PowerPC G5 CPUs, which are somewhat different than the PPE cores in Xenon, and the Alpha kits had Radeon 9800 Pros, then Radeon X800s which are both VERY different from the Xenos GPU
(no unified shader architecture or eDRAM or Shader Model 3.0++ in R350/ 9800Pro or R420/ X800 XT)

On top of that, the Alpha Kits which were basicly G5 Macs, did not have Xenon unified memory architecture.

So it is *not* like Alpha Kits were just Xbox 360's with 25% to 30% speed, the Alpha kits and real Xbox 360 hardware are two completely different architectures, for the most part.

now that developers have Xbox 360 BETA kits, they finally have the real Xbox 360 architecture to work with, and most of the final speed.

Hello. Just wanted to say a couple of things...

1. This thread is funny.

2. I've just finished reading Edge, and I think that Titanio's original post was a fair summary of the quotes that it contains. Like he has (repeatedly) said there are many other comments, but they don't specifically mention one platform or another. I don't think it's fair to blame Titanio for any perceived bias in the comments, as if such a bias exists (and I'm not sure about that) then the blame must lie with either Edge magazine, or the developers who commented in it.

Anyways... please carry on arguing. It's all highly entertaining.

My favourite bit so far.. 'some random middleware companies that will never make it off the ground ' refering to SN Systems. Hilarious stuff. Keep it coming.

> "If you've a problem with the quotes, go cry to the devs. Again, if you want me to find a quote from any of the third parties in this mag that says X360 is more powerful than PS3, it's simply not there. What do you want me to do?"

You should make it up, just to please the fantasy these guys want to believe.

Ahh just kidding. Everyone relax. Can't believe how angry some people are getting here. So some developers told the TRUTH, and said PS3 is more poweful. Being more powerful does not win you console generations, as look at the Xbox, which is vastly superior to the PS2, and yet got beaten soundly, and it had very little to do with Sony having a lead into the market.

In North America Sony only had a 5 million console lead, and yet today, Sony has sold 32 million consoles to Microsoft's 13 million. Sony went from 5 million advantage with no real competition to a 20 million console advantage against strong competition.

Edge, you sound like you're trying to convince yourself that PS3 is more powerful. How you come to this conclusion is beyond me because there's little info out there to offer a sound basis as to which hardware is more powerful. If the article in question had more positive Xbox 360 spin, this thread wouldn't exist because we know the OP started this thread to stroke fanboys like Edge.

This thread says alot about the caliber of individuals who play console games. As a PC gamer, I find it hard to say Nvidia is better than ATi or vice versa since I've built multiple gaming PCs and purchased cards based on what the best availabe is. My latest rig just happens to have an Nvidia card in it. Go figure. But as an outsider looking in, it's not hard to see the aim of this thread. The only people who don't think this thread shouldn't be locked on priciple alone are the ones who have already concluded in their minds that the PS3 is the most powerful and that it's the best thing since sliced cliches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back