soldier girls from around the world...

Someone needs to inform one of these ladies that I have enemy secrets
she will need to tie me up of course to stop me escaping
and im not willing to give them up so she will need to torture me, preferably with a whip or maybe a feather duster, she may even have to resort to using psychological tactics for example by shouting "naughty boy" while whipping me

This important topic has been way too quiet lately.

384hotbombshell6af.jpg

She has to be from the raf as they are the only air force to have an inventory of bouncing bombs

I think that the variability of the caucasian 'race' is much higher than the asiatic one.

Hair color and eye color, for two.

Of course, if you go picking western women from say...Denmark, then you'll have the same problem.

Go grab 100 american women at random? much less.

Yes ofcourse there is much more variability. But that isnt really the point as for some reason this doesnt get noticed that much if you are not used to seeing it. Those obvious things like eye color and hair color dont even get noticed that much when you try to recognize a person. For example people can 'easily' spot people they know in large crowds just by seeing them from the back from a distance. Recognizing goes alot further than what you might you think will help you tell people apart.

I guess I'm saying that the variability in caucasian folks is much more apparent than in asiatic or black folks.

Its hard to look at two people, one with dark curly hair, and the other with light blond straight hair and say "OMG! An army of clones!", particularly when their eye color is likely different, also.

Whereas you get 20 asian girls, all with their black straight hair in pony tails (along with their identical colored eyes) and wearing the same thing, they're all going to look very similar.

It doesn't matter if you're used to seeing it or not, blond straight hair doesn't look like black curly hair.

p.s. we're not talking about 'recognition' but uniformity at first glance.

Is it possible that the Chinese military has units that are composed of people mostly from the same region? If so, then I guess that would possibly go towards explaining in part some of what people think they are observing.

Edit: IIRC in the early days many members of The Hell's Angels in California were descended from refugees of the Oklahoma dust bowl. Lol, many were cousins or at least of the same ancestry so it went to explaining their stereotypical look.

p.s. we're not talking about 'recognition' but uniformity at first glance.

its still the same. Asian and black people dont have any problem telling each other apart even though in our eyes at first glance they all look the same, or atleast have many of the same feautures in our mind. But for them it doesnt work like that. For them there are as many differences at first glance as we have with hair and eye color. Even if you put people with diferent eye, hair and skin together they will still have some trouble just as we have with them. Thats because they are not used to it, even though its there its not something their brain registers that much. Even with us its the same, how much attention do you pay to someone's hair or eyecolor if you meet them? its probably one of the things you pay the least attention to. The face itself is alot more important, even at first glance.

Well I cant help it. if you think about it it makes sense. Asian and black people dont have any problems telling each other apart, only we have. So why wouldnt it work the same way the other way around? You'd still recognize your own mother in a glance in a hartbeat even if she'd change her hairstyle and color just to take a example.

Asians used to look all the same to me. Probably because Sweden doesn't have a whole lot of asian immigrants, and I'm from a region that doesn't have many immigrant in general either, except Finnish people. So when I first came to Canada and ended up in an area that was dominated by asian people I had a really hard time telling them apart. The first few weeks I thought I saw my landlord's wife everywhere. It was really awkward. But after a while it wasn't any harder to tell asians apart than it is to tell white people apart.

Btw:
http://www.explosm.net/comics/1341/
(Don't forget to also check the filename of that comic ;))

Well I cant help it. if you think about it it makes sense. Asian and black people dont have any problems telling each other apart, only we have. So why wouldnt it work the same way the other way around? You'd still recognize your own mother in a glance in a hartbeat even if she'd change her hairstyle and color just to take a example.
Yes, but that doesn't mean that caucasians aren't more varied in appearance.

And as stated already we were comparing to US army, which is made up of Caucasian, Asian, Hispanic, whatever.

There was a dateline show that illustrated just how recognition truly depends on the cultural group you belong to or identify with.

The show was actually about about just how incorrect eye witnesses to a crime (in this case, a purse snatching at an outdoor cafe) can be. It was patently obvious that the accuracy of the eye witness was indelibly linked to the cultural group that both the suspect and the eye witness belonged to.

If the suspect was Caucasian, then eye witnesses who weren't, couldn't correctly identify the suspect in a line up. The same was true when the suspect was Black, only the Black eye witnesses got it correct.

It actually made me think that the Police force should be using some sort of weighting system when it comes to eye witness reports.

What about Emporer penguins then? The female comes back with food after a few months to take over looking after the chick and relieving the male and they still find them, even though

1) Penguins look very similar
2) They are all in a big bunch
3) It's howling a gale
4) It's probably dark.

Amazing birds.

Back