So, do we know anything about RV670 yet?

So, what can the RV670 do? We know what the GT can do. With its release in a few days ATI needs to show what the RV670 can do IMO.

Something curious pointed out about the CF on multiple monitors thing - it does specificly say "exceptional performance on single monitor", yet later on mentions several monitors - does this mean
1) It supports CF on multiple monitors - performance increases even if you use 2 displays for your game
or
2) It supports CF on single monitor, but you can still run several monitors to do other things, while the 1 monitor (for the game) gets CF boost?

I'm not sure if this was already posted:

msdlaf.jpg

edit: Fixed link, thanks Kaotik.

I am wondering what kind of the heatsink or cooling system used on those card?

They look flat and tall (higher than the card) aside from being black in color :cool: Also seeing no fan on it.... Probably, a water block, but where are the inlet/outlet points?

Hope they are not the dummy card through...

Hi vertex_shader,
Thank for the info :D

So, GB showed the Quadfire on HD 2600 series!!

Hi!
Yes, hd2900xt can't be used because its has dual slot cooler and 4 won't fit for quadfire, rv670 based single slot card under NDA, so they used for the presentation slides the second best hd2k card what have single slot cooler :smile:

edit:
MSI solution looks much better, more space beetween the PCI-E 16x slots, so cards with active coolers can breath :smile: (MSI used hd2600 cards too).

Last edited by a moderator:

MS Flight Simulator demoed on AMD 790FX platform with 4 Radeons, on 8 displays

But still my previous question stands - the gigabyte slide doesn't give clear answer.
First it says it increases performance on single display, later mentions multimonitor support and keeps mentioning CF with it - which way is it?

I'm not sure if this was already posted:

msdlaf.jpg

edit: Fixed link, thanks Kaotik.

Hmm... OK, the 4xMonitors using 2xCard with CF (I'm assuming crossfire) Bridge makes sense. That's what we currently get with 2xCards.

However, 8xMonitors using 4xCards with CF "driver"?

A few things I'm wondering, is it just marketing gone mad? Or, do they mean that the drivers can now support up to 8xMonitors while CF (crossfire?) is enabled? Or, are they renaming the Catalyst drivers to CrossfireX drivers? :p

Of is it just a really bad Chinese to English translation by the guy working the slide? :p

From the way the slide is setup though, I'm still assuming that Crossfire (multiGPU rendering) is still only supported/working on 1 monitor and that the other monitors are disabled once you enable Crossfire. Boo. Hiss.

Regards,
SB

As far as I know, we don't get that 4 monitors with 2 cards (with bridge) at the moment, we get only 1 monitor if we want to use CrossFire, right?
And the "CF driver" probably indicates that all the cards aren't connected via bridges, but are using "software CF" like some cards already can

Something curious pointed out about the CF on multiple monitors thing - it does specificly say "exceptional performance on single monitor", yet later on mentions several monitors - does this mean
1) It supports CF on multiple monitors - performance increases even if you use 2 displays for your game
or
2) It supports CF on single monitor, but you can still run several monitors to do other things, while the 1 monitor (for the game) gets CF boost?
Well you wouldn't rightly get a framerate boost when pushing mulitiple monitors, rather more monitors showing more pixels and likely at least some of a framerate hit.

But anyway, I only read the last few pages and didn't see anything about a release date. Anyone know the expected date?

Well you wouldn't rightly get a framerate boost when pushing mulitiple monitors, rather more monitors showing more pixels and likely at least some of a framerate hit.
What I'm looking after is do you have the ability to for example drive 4 displays with 2 cards with a game supporting extra wide (or high) resolutions - apparently FSX can do this, but it has been running apparently synced even between several computers before, so that might be an exception to the rule.

Of course when each card has to drive 2 displays you won't be seeing performance BOOST, but can they actually work together, since they need (part of, at least) the same info on both/all cards - can I run for example [Insert random game here] 6720x1050 with 4 1680x1050 resolution displays side by side?

Back