Nvidia GT200b rumours and speculation thread

Hi, impar. Welcome to B3D. New members aren't able to edit their posts as an incentive to think through any contributions. (This isn't a commentary on your posts, just the reason for the posting system.)

First, keep in mind that Brit meant to say Xbit's numbers are not cumulative. :) They're just using overlapping graphs to save space.

I'm not sure what doesn't add up for either site. There'll be differences because they don't use the same load test and mayyybe Xbit's i7 isn't as limiting as HwC's 3.8GHz C2Q (OK, that's a huge stretch). If you're focusing on HwC's individual game power draw figures, which don't show a lot of separation, I guess I'm with you on that.

neliz, why does that Hardspell page look like they just ripped off Anandtech's pics?

I meant cumulative as in Peak 2D number already includes Idle number, and Peak 3D number already includes Idle and Peak 2D. It's all depends on your point of view. ;)

Well, peak 3D may include 2D/idle if there's no separate 2D transistors (which I think is the case with ATI), but I thought NVIO handled 2D for NV's big iron? I'm probably getting too cute for my own good here, as the number of transistors dedicated to 2D, if any, would probably be vanishingly small. I forget if video chores are still handled separately (UVD? AVIVO?) or if they've been moved to the shaders.

So, yeah, now I'm confused.

Greetings!
There are three numbers indicated, Idle, Peak 2D, and Peak 3D.
Ah! :oops:
And numbers for Idle and Peak2D are similar because the card reduces its clocks.
New members aren't able to edit their posts as an incentive to think through any contributions.
Had the feeling it would be something like that.
I'm not sure what doesn't add up for either site. There'll be differences because they don't use the same load test and mayyybe Xbit's i7 isn't as limiting as HwC's 3.8GHz C2Q (OK, that's a huge stretch). If you're focusing on HwC's individual game power draw figures, which don't show a lot of separation, I guess I'm with you on that.
Yep. Its like both sites are reviewing different cards.

Back