Show yourself!

Boy, do I have a bunch of interesting ones lately. TRIGGER WARNING! There is a bloody wrapped finger in some of the pictures, but I'm not posting any pictures of my injury or the stitched up remains unless some sickies really want me to and then I'll do it in a way that you'll have to jump through at least a little hoop to get to, I don't want to offend anyone

The good news is there's a lot of fun ones. :)

pG4qNaR.jpg

9xkONxU.jpg

UunublP.jpg

XcR4lNu.jpg

7AihZG4.jpg

9kj2JHC.jpg

Mawu1eG.jpg

The next few ones involve me being a pain in the ass for my wife in the ER and there is blood and some pictures of my finger damage. I was doing great with everything until I saw it, then I went in to a nice mild shock. :)

But please be warned, there is a bit of blood.

I'm not kidding.

Seriously, I'm on blood thinners again and it took 'em 4 hours to get the bleeding under control enough just to stitch it back together.

They're not really THAT bad.

And I am annoying in that charming way I have.

Ok, here goes.

060cG4T.jpg

e5lBceD.jpg

62pEMbl.jpg

QYqsrBG.jpg

Next one is rather gross, it's where I went in to a light state of shock as I realized how badly I fucked up.

z2Mxfdz.jpg

It's much better now, but I still have the stitches in for a few more days and I can't really type with it or use it. Today I designed a leaner bandage that fits in to a latex glove so i got to actually CLEAN things today, it was freaking glorious!

3kl9DAA.jpg
0W7krhn.jpg

First time I was able to do dishes in over a week, felt GREAT!

Then I vacuumed the pool, fixed the carpet cleaner and cleaned the carpets, did laundry, cleaned up some general messes, and managed to finish installing my wife's backup cam in her Jeep..

It was a good day today, first productive feeling day I've had in weeks. :)

Sharpening my favorite filet knife, my attention drifted for a second and my finger slipped. Knife hit the bone, the stitching around the side of the finger took forever since it wouldn't stop bleeding.

My whole family was there when it happened, and my wife swears it was like a Monty Python scene with my blood spraying all over before I got my other hand on it and started applying some pressure. LOL

Sharpening my favorite filet knife, my attention drifted for a second and my finger slipped. Knife hit the bone, the stitching around the side of the finger took forever since it wouldn't stop bleeding.

My whole family was there when it happened, and my wife swears it was like a Monty Python scene with my blood spraying all over before I got my other hand on it and started applying some pressure. LOL
Just a flesh wound. LOL

Tommy McClain

It was actually really sweet and a VERY fortunate thing. First the look on my wife's face when it happened was absolutely priceless to me. Me and Chrissy joke fight/argue a lot, but man she suddenly looked like the most important thing in her life was hurt and she needed to do something NOW! Just raw, unadulterated pure panic; and it just made me feel all loved and cared for. Sometimes we forget to appreciate the little things, and she looked like she suddenly appreciated and loved the hell out of me.

Stupid, but it really did make me feel good and it's why I'm smiling in all the pictures. I was trying to get her to quit worrying, it was just a cut and I'd be fine. LOL

The second thing was our new cat Seren. When we had my finger in a towel/tourniquet and hopped in the car to go to the ER it was me, my wife, and Maddy. When we drove around the house to the front we saw Seren in the front yard chasing butterflies around. We had no idea he was out, he must have snuck out when I took the dogs in about 30 minutes earlier. My wife didn't want to wait to get the cat in the house so she just dumped off Maddy to get the cat and burnt rubber for the hospital. (She really did speed, almost drove like me!)

Maddy got Seren in, but if I hadn't of cut my finger I don't know how long it would have been before we noticed him missing...we could have lost him! So my cut turned out to be rather serendipitous for Serendipity. :)

Hey, no one is gonna mention the 5th row center seats at Red Rocks? Those were NOT easy to get! :O

My wife brought me to request "Spike" for her, and by the gods and all I hold to be holy and true I did! Between every song, at the appropriate quiet time. After a while I got creative and started bellowing "PLEASE PLAY SPIKE FOR MY WIFE, SHE LOVES YOU!!!" then "DON'T WORRY THOUGH, I'M COOL WITH IT!" and I could see them cracking up on stage and people in the audience started helping me out about halfway through. A LOT of fun! (They didn't play it, they had a set setlist for the tour)

I haven't gotten to scream so much in ages, and I'd been practicing for months to get my voice up and a weird thing happened...I didn't lose my voice the next day! I'm not working my voice out daily with raucous singing just to keep my screambox in shape. :)

And this afternoon my wife turned to me and said, "Hey, can I take your stitches out?!?", with a huge grin on her face. Then she yelled, "Hey Maddy, wanna take pictures of me pulling your dad's stitches out?"

826106.jpg 826107.jpg 826108.jpg 826109.jpg 826145.jpg 826146.jpg 826148.jpg

This day has sort of been sucking. The only good thing so far is I saved about 9-11 baby frogs from dying in my pool filter. (I'm trying to stop killing things with my pool)

Ah, so it's evolved into a show off your Bernie Sanders hat kind of thread, has it now, digitalwanderer? :)

<goes to find his>

Edit: Bah, the logo doesn't show up in it, though it does show the swell partner I had for part of the weeks I spent canvassing for Bernie. We got so many calls from the campaign reminding us to vote that she wanted to send them a pic of us working. "Never mind".

Last edited:
No, I just started wearing it again out of sheer anger at Trump, to let my neighbors know where I stand, and every time I tip my hat to 'em it's a "FUCK YOU!!!". :)

Back