Sea of Thieves [XO, PC, XGP, PS]

So with this game being available on Xbox game pass at release, and play anywhere games on game pass now including the PC versions, u could in theory try out the game for a month by subscribing?

So with this game being available on Xbox game pass at release, and play anywhere games on game pass now including the PC versions, u could in theory try out the game for a month by subscribing?
Yea. Absolutely. You can try out all their games for a month at $12 per month.

Yea. Absolutely. You can try out all their games for a month at $12 per month.
Awesome. I feel much better trying it out for a month for $12 seeing if my son and I like it before spending $120.

Awesome. I feel much better trying it out for a month for $12 seeing if my son and I like it before spending $120.
you can share game pass in a single family from what I understand. I should try it myself since i have 2 xboxes in this house. But I'm pretty sure we share our live account on xbox, so no reason we can't share our game pass in the same household.

So it would be cheaper to just run game pass. You both get to play and it would be 10 months before it came to $120 and in 10 months you'd have access to all their games as well as all their exclusives coming out. in 10 months from now there should be at least 5-7 new exclusives on xbox? 3-4 leading up to e3. And 2-3 afterwards? I think it would be cheaper than buying SoT out right. Unless that is the only game you want to play.

you can share game pass in a single family from what I understand.
Oh wow it's shareable? That's even better! We don't have an XBox so most of the games aren't very useful for me, only those with PC versions.

Oh wow it's shareable? That's even better! We don't have an XBox so most of the games aren't very useful for me, only those with PC versions.
Oh. Lol. Okay. It’s shareable on Xbox, never tried it on PC. Game pass will certainly apply to Xbox play anywhere games. But I’ve never tried 2 PC at the same time. I think I’m fairly positive you can do 1 PC and 1 Xbox using the same account with only a single game license.

so anyone going to pick this up ? I want too but however I want to make sure there are some people to play with , it doesn't seem like it be fun with randos

Heavily considering it as I'd love to play it with my kids but it's not a kids game and randoms will act like fucktards and say all sorts of stuff I'd rather they didn't hear.

I will have it with Game Pass as well.

I had it preordered before it was announced to be Game Pass, because I wanted to support Play Anywhere titles. So now I managed to save $60 which will go towards something else. I saw this being worth $40 easily from the early Insiders Alphas. I'm not certain how they're handling DLC, like if they're being included free and only charging additional money for costumes and flare.

Right now Bing Rewards only offers upto a 3 months of Game Pass for 17000 points, which will take 2 months to earn. I managed to get the first 12 months of Game Pass for 28000 when they had it offered last year.

For anyone considering this title but you're not sure, you should give it a try via athe Xbox Game Pass trial, either free 14 days or if you can find a free month.

Heavily considering it as I'd love to play it with my kids but it's not a kids game and randoms will act like fucktards and say all sorts of stuff I'd rather they didn't hear.

You can choose whether to hear in game voice chat or not. So when playing with your kids, you can always disable in game voice chat. At least on PC (option was bugged before so workaround was to just lower in game voice chat volume to 0). I'm assuming the XBO also has that option, but maybe it doesn't?

And yeah, it's amazing how many Streamer's who don't generally like Microsoft (Strippin didn't play it until the last BETA despite all his friends wanting him to play with them and now loves it) have been commenting on how Game Pass is an absolutely fantastic way to try out the game.

Regards,
SB

You can choose whether to hear in game voice chat or not. So when playing with your kids, you can always disable in game voice chat. At least on PC (option was bugged before so workaround was to just lower in game voice chat volume to 0). I'm assuming the XBO also has that option, but maybe it doesn't?
Cool thanks, that's definitely promising then!

Back