rumblings of something huge going on with SEGA

I've only told a couple of my closest friends, friends whom I can trust.

I will tell you guys something and that is, we ain't being bought by noone just use alittle bit of brain people, how could we? Sammy is our new Parent company now.

It's as if people just missed the whole saga that took place within the last 6 months.

That's all you get out of me.

SegaR&D said:
I've only told a couple of my closest friends, friends whom I can trust.

I will tell you guys something and that is, we ain't being bought by noone just use alittle bit of brain people, how could we? Sammy is our new Parent company now.

It's as if people just missed the whole saga that took place within the last 6 months.

That's all you get out of me.

GO AWAY.

Who is Sonic and why should we trust him?

Sonic works for Sega. Doing what, I don't know. Sounds like PR to me. Edit: Sorry for my harsh tone in my words to SegaR&D, but the guy is just posting to get peoples hopes up or something. Sonic himself has said the guy doesn't work for Sega. Also, I thought Sammy had bought Sega?

sadly though, I do not believe Sega will have a new console anytime soon.

If a new Sega console was coming within the next 18 months, we would've heard something on it ala March 12 1997 when we learned details of what would later be Dreamcast (BlackBelt, Dural)

I think it's pretty obvious that SEGA will go exclusive with someone, most likely Sony. Sega was bought by financially-sound/profit-minded/conservative Sammy. I'm sure Sony just made an offer that couldn't be refused.

Who owned Sega before Sammy pratcially bought them again? It's on the tip of my tounge but I can't remember. :(

Not exactly SEGA teaming up with anyone, more like being gobbled by them.

SEGA is the best games company ever.
Over the years it has been great.
Never underestimate the power of you enemy.
Yesterday was a long time ago indeed, but now the future comes.
It's obviously been established that Sonic was just joking around, but you guys read his clue differently than I did. I read it as Not SONY by reading the first word in addition to the first letters of the other words.

Not exactly SEGA teaming up with anyone, more like being gobbled by them.

That would mean that a console manufacturer has bought at least a large share in Sega to assert some control over Sega.

SEGA is the best games company ever.
Over the years it has been great.
Never underestimate the power of you enemy.
Yesterday was a long time ago indeed, but now the future comes.

Enemy? That would mean a console maker who was at least in the market while a Sega console was still alive. So either Sony or Nintendo!

As 3dcgi pointed out, the reading could be "Not Sony", so it's Nintendo! YAAY!

Of course, this is all entire bullshit ;) :LOL:

This would be great: Sega announcing that they are building PowerVR Series5 graphics cards for the PC market.

No i do not have inside info and yes i know i'm dreaming.

It was just a joke. It's not like there is going to be a very shocking announcement any time soon. SEGA has many games in development that very well could gain hype from the industry, but it could also lead to disaster in the sense of such software not being up to the quality of its predecessors. I wouldn't expect SEGA to release a home console anytime soon since the financial implications of such a thing are far beyond even SEGA's reach by now. Perhaps in a few more years if profits start to roll in and the SEGA brand name has been repaired to its fullest extent.

I will however allude to something that should happen. SEGA hardware may make an appearnce of some kind, for outside the home mind you.

Sonic said:
I will however allude to something that should happen. SEGA hardware may make an appearnce of some kind, for outside the home mind you.

Great, now Sega will release world's first fishing game for the arcades ;) :LOL:

Sonic said:
Ok, that was a joke. Sony didn't buy SEGA. There will be a big announcement and it may regard hardware, but don't look for it to be in the home just yet. Just kidding. Just don't get your hopes up. There are alot of rumors out there that are completely false and some that are dead on. But themost extreme ones are the ones you should take wiht a grain of salt.

Sonic you know whats scary .

My dad and I were sitting and talking cause i'm going to leave home .

So we were just talking about memorys and he was telling me when he got me my sega when i had broken my arm and had the chick pocks for x mass . I was 5 at the time i think . he was telling me how the two of us played the games every day for weeks till i got my cast off .

THen he got me a genesis and we used to play alter beast with it and then sonic .

THen we had the saturn and would play soccer on it .

My dad would even come upstairs and kick my ass and my friends ass's in virtual fighter 3 and soul calabier on the dreamcast .

He to is pissed that there is no sega system .

So he was like next virtual fighter that comes out in the arcade we will buy it .

So if its virtual fighter 5 on arcade hardware u tell me how to get a hold of the system .

The next Virtua Fighter to come out in the arcade is Virtua Fighter 4 Final Tuned. Its on test at the moment, will be out around summer.

V3 said:
The next Virtua Fighter to come out in the arcade is Virtua Fighter 4 Final Tuned. Its on test at the moment, will be out around summer.
dang it i want a new one , with a new engine on new hardware .

THe ps2 ruined vf4 for me , I can't even look at it . Makes me sick

dang it i want a new one , with a new engine on new hardware.

Yeah hopefully we will see VF5, summer next year, or the year after.

THe ps2 ruined vf4 for me , I can't even look at it . Makes me sick

I know what you mean, PS2 VF4 looks bad compared to the arcade version. When Final Tuned comes, I am pretty sure you can get arcade VF4 Evo for cheap. All arcades will upgrade to Final Tuned. All you need is Naomi2 and accessories.

Back