rumblings of something huge going on with SEGA

http://forums.gaming-age.com/showthread.php?threadid=89400&perpage=35&pagenumber=1

** SAVE THE DATE ** SAVE THE DATE ** SAVE THE DATE **

SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT ON DAY #1 OF E3
May 12, 2004 in SEGA Room

Mark your calendars for a "mystery briefing" event in SEGA of America's E3 Room. This is your opportunity to hear the latest 2004 title announcements from company executives in addition to some explosive news -- something even YOU won't be able to guess!

WHAT: Explosive Announcement Event
WHEN: Wednesday, May 12, 2004 from 10:00-10:30 a.m.
WHERE: SEGA Room - Concourse Hall #151 (between the West and South Halls)
WHY: To learn about SEGA's 2004 line-up and hear BIG news you'd NEVER guess...

then this

http://www.freewebs.com/realgamesplayer/insiderscoops.htm

World Exclusive - Sega to return to hardware!

On the 12 th of May, Day 1 of E3, Sega will showcase to the world it's re-entry into the Console hardware arena.

We first reported on a rumour regarding Sega returning to hardware about a month ago, but now the rumour is a reality, Financially revitalised, finally debt free, Sega now firmly belives it has what it takes to rule the roost.

But why you may ask are they doing this? wouldn't it be suicide? well no, not really. You see when Sega was making the dreamcast hardware it was selling an average of between 25-30 million units of software per year. Since going third party that number has always remained in the 6-10 million range. Besides the reason for going third party in the first place was to stop the losses and have a chance to get rid of it's debt (well over a billion dollars). Third party was never a permanent business plan. Did Isao Okawa give away he's life savings to save a software developer? No! re-entering hardware in the next round was always the plan. Did Sammy splash out half a billion dollars just for arcade floor space? No!

What we're trying to get at is that the signs have always been there, but now rejoice!

IT IS TIME FOR THE BIGGEST COMEBACK STORY OF ALL TIME.

*Update* A Sega rep has informed us that the next machine will be of platinum color.

Wednesday, May 12, 2004 10:00-10:30 a.m.
Concourse Hall #151

-- Zach Morris

Editor-in-chief

I dunno what to think.

Sega-Sammy console?

Sega-Sammy acquiring another company

joint console with MS or Nintendo

guess we'll have to wait

Sega - sammy

Power vr series 5 pumped up huge , 2 chips in each system a new elan tnl chip and then an sh4 for the cpu . Backwards compat and all .

Or sega bought microsoft. Either one i can live with .

Wait and see, but I seriously doub the announcement will have anything to do with a home console.

On the other hand...

NAOMI 3 with VF5 (weather effects on clothes!)
Shenmue 3

;)

no need for new ELAN T&L unit because PowerVR Series 5 can do its own geometry & lighting 8)

give me a box with 4 PowerVR5 processors, 1 GB memory, a real Power5 CPU from IBM. a decent web browser. V.R. gear. good times.

Well sega isn't making another console from what I've heard. 3players in that area is more than enough. They simply don't have enough money to get back into that portion of the market. I could see sega releasing a xbox 2 or someones console branded with thier name in japan, but other than that I don't think it will happen.

Anyway, where's sonic? we need his opinion :D

http://general.gamerfeed.com/gf/news/6272/

Sega's Explosive E3 Announcement
By Bryan Dawson -- Staff Writer
Published 2:44 PM CDT, April 29, 2004

Start the rumor mill, Sega has just announced a mystery briefing at E3 that could shock the world.

In less than two weeks time, on Wednesday, May 12, Sega will surprise the gaming world with an announcement from their booth at E3. According to an e-mail sent out to various media outlets this morning, the announcement will take place at 10:00 AM PST, and last for approximately 30 minutes. Sega is calling it an "Explosive Announcement Event".

In addition to the big announcement, the mystery briefing will also unveil the latest titles from Sega. Many people have speculated that Sega will announce Shenmue III exclusively for the Xbox, but the sheer magnitude of this event seems to point to something bigger. Stay with us as we'll have coverage of the event from the E3 show floor.

Or Sega going exclusive to Nintendo..

edit: More likely is Sega going exclusive to someone for next generation... if MS is announcing XB2 at E3, then well..

I hope SEGA and Nintendo join, i'll kill myself if it will be SEGA and MS (highly unlikely though). A 4th console is a bad idea, it will either hurt SEGA or NINTENDO badly.

I just can't see sega an nintendo being that close. Despite sega putting games on gamecube, I'm certain there's still resentment from nintendo beating them all those years. I mean, realistically, if sega was to partner with someone, it "should" be sony, and even then sony beat thier ass twice.

Qroach said:
I just can't see sega an nintendo being that close. Despite sega putting games on gamecube, I'm certain there's still resentment from nintendo beating them all those years. I mean, realistically, if sega was to partner with someone, it "should" be sony, and even then sony beat thier ass twice.

Yamauchi isn't in charge anymore you know... There is a possibility...

I hope for a new Sonic game (Sonic X-Treme at last finished), Dreamcast relaunch, or even better: an all-in-one Sega console that plays ALL sega games ever made, without region-locks. :LOL:

Qroach said:

why should it be sony .

That would be the worse move.

I don't want sony to gain anymore market share. I want them to loose market share and ms and nintendo gain market share so that unlike on my desktop i have choices and don't have to just buy a sony if i want to play video games in my living room .

why should it be sony .

That would be the worse move.

I don't want sony to gain anymore market share. I want them to loose market share and ms and nintendo gain market share so that unlike on my desktop i have choices and don't have to just buy a sony if i want to play video games in my living room .

bingo.

jvd hit the nail so hard, it disintegrated on impact.

Not exactly SEGA teaming up with anyone, more like being gobbled by them.

SEGA is the best games company ever.
Over the years it has been great.
Never underestimate the power of you enemy.
Yesterday was a long time ago indeed, but now the future comes.

Sonic said:
Never underestimate the power of you enemy.
Yesterday was a long time ago indeed, but now the future comes.

I must confess that this statement is enigmatic. :oops:

I hope it's some kind of teasing... a big surprise from Sega is always welcome. :D

Back