Rocksmith 2014

I've actually been playing Rocksmith using my xbox 360 connected through the HDMI input on my Xbox One. There was really no good reason to do that, I just wanted to mess around with it. I found it added some additional lag, but I was able to adjust it using the games lag compensation and it seemed fine. That said, I was using the analog audio out on the 360.

Does resolution even matter for this musical instrument training system?

I'm sure some people won't play it if it's not 1080p, LOL!

You may laugh but if ever framerate and response times mattered in a game ... Heck even 3D brings a lot to the readability of the note-highway.

Son of a...

How dare they throw such temptation in my face, mere weeks after I picked up Rocksmith on the 360!

I can't justify the extortionate price of the download version though. I'd probably bite if there was an option to upgrade from previous gen.

Yah. THey're at least nice enough to let you carry over your DLC, but it would be nice if it was less expensive for people who already own the last-gen edition.

Yah. THey're at least nice enough to let you carry over your DLC, but it would be nice if it was less expensive for people who already own the last-gen edition.

I like that I can carry over my PS3 songs, I bought the disc for that. I have all this on PC as well though, so the need is smaller. I'd need a demo to see if the audio lag is good enough in my livingroom (I think it's about 50ms, which is a lot more than the videolag, which is about 15ms)

So voice commands work flawlessly, but how do I navigate the song list? Everything you see written on the screen can be spoken as a command, and it works great, but the song list does not have anything for up/down, as far as I can tell. Fail.

Edit* I was wrong. Voice commands are simple, though navigating the long list of songs might be tedious. The commands I was looking for were next and previous. I thought I tried next. I'll have to try it tomorrow. https://support.ubi.com/en-US/FAQ.a...d=934&productid=4285&faqid=kA030000000eatnCAA

Pretty much the same great game, and the extra sharpness kind of helps if there's a ton of notes on the screen.

Probably. Graphics are basically unchanged, just higher resolution. Seems really sharp and clear.

On the PS3 when you got further on in the game in the original and you got to play larger venues, the framerate could become rather bad. Fortunately the game wasn't linked to the framerate, but all the same it sucked. And this may well still be the gamebryo engine. So there's no sure thing here, though it may help a lot that the new consoles are more PC-like.

I think 2014 was better in terms of framerate than the original on 360, and probably PS3 as well. I don't remember having any slowdowns, but they don't do crowds and venues the same way.

I guess I'll see as I progress.

So, you can't get past the splash screen without a controller, which is really dumb. You have to press a button to get to the main menu. So much for voice control. Then, if you don't have your controller plugged in, and it automatically shuts off from sitting idle, the game will pause and ask you to turn your controller on. So dumb. Otherwise, the game is fine, but there are some little stupid decisions.

Necroposting at its best but I wanted to share that with others wannabee guitarists. It is a pretty technical thing about how wrist movements work, a technical thing I never figured out by myself:
I discovered that actually I was stringhopping all the time, which hinders my alternate picking but also had a nefarious effect on my sweeping capability.

So, you can't get past the splash screen without a controller, which is really dumb. You have to press a button to get to the main menu. So much for voice control. Then, if you don't have your controller plugged in, and it automatically shuts off from sitting idle, the game will pause and ask you to turn your controller on. So dumb. Otherwise, the game is fine, but there are some little stupid decisions.
Uh, that sounds bad. The game is sitting in its package, I just got an old electric guitar that needs to be serviced. I'll try this once that is sorted. Noob here. I'm wondering the latency of the DS4 headphone out, because my sound system adds a whopping 110 miliseconds of delay in stereo mode, 150 in dolby digital.

Back