Resitance Fall Of Man First Look Article + Gameplay Video

Right now though, I have my doubts that they will hit 1080p, but we'll see!

I wonder how close they are, since I got the impression that the game is basically done already. So was this shown 720p at TGS? Looks really good btw, lot's of stuff on screen and it would really amaze me if this out of all titles will manage 1080p. I'm still little bit confused how this 1080p thing suddenly is possible when few months ago I thought it's pretty much impossible and only a checkbox feature...

I wonder how close they are, since I got the impression that the game is basically done already. So was this shown 720p at TGS? Looks really good btw, lot's of stuff on screen and it would really amaze me if this out of all titles will manage 1080p. I'm still little bit confused how this 1080p thing suddenly is possible when few months ago I thought it's pretty much impossible and only a checkbox feature...

It's always been "possible". It's just a matter of trade-off.

Fall of Man looks like a good action shooter, and may be fun, but graphically, IMHO, it's not next-gen. Looks more like high-end PC games of last gen (e.g HL2).

Next-gen gfx games to me are Assassin's Creed, Heavenly Sword, Crysis, GoW, *maybe* Motor Storm, Fight Night R3, maybe Stronghold, Alan Wake, Mass Effect, Bioshock, maybe CoD 3, maybe Lost Odyssey, maybe FFXIII, maybe MOA:Airborne, and maybe KillZone.

Basically, I want to something that doesn't look like what I could buy last two years for my high-end PC.

I'm really impressed with how they did that widowmaker spider. It moves like a spider and really seems intelligent.

Fall of Man looks like a good action shooter, and may be fun, but graphically, IMHO, it's not next-gen. Looks more like high-end PC games of last gen (e.g HL2).

Next-gen gfx games to me are Assassin's Creed, Heavenly Sword, Crysis, GoW, *maybe* Motor Storm, Fight Night R3, maybe Stronghold, Alan Wake, Mass Effect, Bioshock, maybe CoD 3, maybe Lost Odyssey, maybe FFXIII, maybe MOA:Airborne, and maybe KillZone.

Basically, I want to something that doesn't look like what I could buy last two years for my high-end PC.

I'm starting to feel that for this next-gen, next-gen is in the eye of the beholder ... Not to mention that for the consoles, HL2 is still considered next-gen ;), I also have some questions about the other games you single out as next-gen. ;)

But sure, if you've feasted too much on FPS games on high-end PCs over the last few years, then Resistance maybe won't appeal to you graphically, as the difference is too small - you've seen most of this stuff before, in some form or another. The difference about Resistance is that it pulls all of that together with a lot more content, more physics, and more action on screen at once then any of the other games. For the PS3, this adds something, because this will be the first and probably best 'generic' FPS game on the PS3, both in single and multi-player, for a while.

But FPS is starting to become like wine - there are a lot of wines, and a lot of wine drinkers who are developing their own unique tastes and preferences. A game like Assassin's Creed has nice art, but doesn't impress me graphically - the thing that does impress and which gives it next-gen quality, lies in its gameplay.

Anyway, my girlfriend wants me in bed, so I gotta go. ;) I love Resistance, personally, and rate it very high. But I tend to look at technical merit, overall use of the system, a lot right now. It seems a very immersive game, something you have to play to enjoy more than to watch, although personally, this is something you can watch over and over and discover new things, unlike in many of the other games you mention.

Wow, that looks like it was point-resampled to 1000*562 and then saved as a 30% quality JPG. Then loaded and saved again for good measure. What a horrible way to butcher a shot. Still, even accounting for all that I think I see missing ground texture AF. My personal next-gen bane :???:

Umm.. of couse its a bad quality shot. I mean we've seen videos of the thing in action, videos of people playing it on HDTVs and they were a lot better than that.

Back