Resistance: Fall of Man gameplay impressions

Nemo80 said:
Edit: Seems they tried to compensate the bandwidth limitations by adding more RAM (both CPU and GPU have double the RAM). Wonder if that worked out...

As far as I know, development kits have nearly always had exactly the available RAM of the target platform. Even the PSP one.

AFAIK SDKs have always had more RAM for development/debug purposes. You don't want half your console RAM being taken up by toolsets.

Shifty Geezer said:
AFAIK SDKs have always had more RAM for development/debug purposes. You don't want half your console RAM being taken up by toolsets.

yes ,generaly twice the RAM.

_phil_ said:
Both Are important (and software side isVery important considering the GAP between software sdks) ,you can't conclude anything with a so selective argumentation.

Infact i am not planning to go anywhere :) But we havent really no-clues about the completeness of SDKs on both sides; we have more on hardware.

Nemo80 said:
Per cycle, a dual core G5 is more powerful than the XCpu. I think the difference for PS3 devs was much higher because of the non existing bandwidths available in the final PS3 kit:

Yep...but they were at least dual processor cpu, not dual core, they were clocked @2ghz vs 3.2ghz, they werent multithreaded and had an undeperforming vmx unit.

And this is not an early devkit. Early ones had 2.4Ghz CELL and 6800 SLI afaik. Also consider a G70 being clocked much lower than the final RSX.

Edit: Seems they tried to compensate the bandwidth limitations by adding more RAM (both CPU and GPU have double the RAM). Wonder if that worked out...
If it's true in six months we will get games withn the graphics quality of "games" showed at e3 2005; i duobt.

aznable said:
Yep...but they were at least dual processor cpu, not dual core, they were clocked @2ghz vs 3.2ghz, they werent multithreaded and had an undeperforming vmx unit.

If it's true in six months we will get games withn the graphics quality of "games" showed at e3 2005; i duobt.

Well , since we are in the Resistance thread - we don`t have to search too hard, do we ?

aznable said:
Infact i am not planning to go anywhere :) But we havent really no-clues about the completeness of SDKs on both sides; we have more on hardware.

well ,this is the problem when speculating with what we have.What we don't know can possibly reverse the conclusions.It happens very often.

Back