Resident Evil 5

Actually after the the disc is recognized you go into my game library where all the other mini arcade games are stored. You can scroll through your games list and find it or you can just change to the Game Demos tab. I've burned on both single layer DVD and CDR but it seems to work better on a DVD.

Yeah it seems harder because they're using the right stick for aiming. In RE4 you use the left stick for aiming instead of the C stick.

I've burnt 3 cds and can't seem to get it to work.

All you have to do is drag the "content" folder the dvd. That is the key. I imagine that most of the people having a hard time with it are only putting the contents of the "content" folder on the cd or dvd. Just put the folder named "content" on the cd or dvd and that is it. It is better to use dvd though. Once the dvd is in your system all you have do next is go to demos in the old dashboard or game library if your on NXE to find the demo. The title of the demo should be in Japanese.

Well, I don't see myself playing this one to be honest. It doesn't yet have the same impact on me as RE4 did, and that's probably because RE4 was such a big step forward, and RE5 changes so little. I'm sure most people won't mind, but I got fed up with RE4 already way before the game itself was over (when the thingies started appearing from the heads en-masse). Was a good ride right upto then though!

I noticed that you cannot start the game if you're logged into Xbox Live. You have to be logged off in order for the game to start.
It's doing that now, it wasn't doing that before. You can no longer play online co-op you can still play single player but can't be logged onto live while doing so. Microsoft put some type Region Lock on who can play the demo online(Japan) and who can't(everybody else.)

Funny, this is one of the only boards I know that doesn't seem overly excited for RE5.

I welcome that.

RE isn't what it used to be.

You're right. Starting with 4 it got way better :smile:. I'm super excited for this game. Demo was great fun.

No it didnt. Nothing touches what Resi1 and 2 where in their prime.

Since Resident Evil 4, it's just another game with the same title. It transformed into a shoot em up action game with almost non-existing horror and non-existing morbid atmosphere. 4 actually carries with it what started to ruin the series since 3. Weaponry and action began to be the primary focus of the series after 2. The only thing that saved the series was a new control scheme. The only thing I welcome from 4. Having a ton of weapons in my inventory, being able to find bullets easily and being able to kick away any group of enemies with one hit regardless of size as if they were puppets isnt what I call "survival horror". There were times where I was surrounded by 4 normal ganados and 2 gigantic armored ones. I shot one on the head and performed a melee. They all fell 3 meters away from me as if I kicked weightless midgets. It started to get annoying especially when the enemies had weapons including machine guns. It played like a faster Splinter Cell minus the stealth and complicated controls. The music started well and became action too. I thought I was controlling Rambo or Chuck Norris.

Capcom debated about whether or not RE5 should be like RE4 or like previous versions of RE and decided on RE4 + HD. I think we'll have to wait until RE6 for the series to go back to true horror. RE4 did revive the series though, but now that it's been revived they need to take it into another direction for RE6 otherwise it will start to get stale again. I think that will be very easy to do, just change the environments and get rid of the "supermoves".

One thing I dislike in 4 and 5 is the disappearing bodies. I hate it when they disappear like that. Having tons of humans killed and then melt into nothing destroys immersion. I prefer they use fewer but more dangerous enemies so that memory constraints wouldnt force for disappearing bodies. The HDD can be used to save the position of the dead bodies in each area. Having less but more dangerous enemies might give chance to Capcom to bring the claustrophobic feel of the originals and reduce ammunition.

Resi4 and 5 are like arcade games. You get attacked by swarms of enemies, you kill them and pick up weapons and power ups they left behind.

Previous RE's had disappearing bodies too but they disappeard after you had left the immediate area through a door/elevator. The only exception were the Crimson Heads that became reanimated after a certain time period. I don't mind the disappearing bodes in RE4/RE5 because they don't add much to the game experience if they'd just laid there after being killed. On the other hand if they were like Crimson Heads then obviously they would need to lay there and not disappear.

As far as having fewer but more dangerous enemies, well previous versions had the slow fodder zombies, then the faster dangerious ones like Hunters and Crimson Heads. RE4/RE5 have similar categories, you have the regular village people then you have the masked chainsaw/axe guy. IMO it wouldn't be any fun without the fodder level enemies. I think part of the issue is that you have many fairly fast low level enemies so the game designers had to give you more firepower to keep it in balance. In previous versions you had a few very slow enemies so most of what you did was explore the areas for puzzle pieces. The zombies were also dumb and didn't form packs like in RE4/RE5. They (low level enemies) also couldn't open doors, climb ladders etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back