Resident Evil 5

There are a couple of caveats about the demo. First, only Gold Members will have access to it. Second, as Famitsu is a Japanese magazine, the demo is only confirmed for Japan at the moment. Of course, given how things have worked out in the past with Xbox Live, it's reasonable to expect the demo elsewhere throughout the world around the same time.

Is MS buying exclusive demos to? I guess they did with TR. Kind of petty.

Forgive me if im wrong, but wasn't the originial RE supposed to be scary stuff?

I only played the original games a long time ago, RE4 didn't look scary at all, neither does this. Zombies aren't scary if its super easy to take one down.

It hasn't been confirmed as exclusive, just mentioned only for 360. Not a great sign for the PS3 version, but apparently the same was done to DMC4.

You mean DMC4 was announced for the XBL and ended up being on both the XBL and the PSN?

Don't hate the player, hate the game;)

I think it'll be a timed exclusive if it'll be an exclusive at all.
One thing I love about this generation, is the pretty consistent 1ups between the 2 HD consoles. In the end, we get to see some really awesome offerings from both.

I'm haven't made up my mind on which console I will pick up RE5 on. For the most part my PS3 is reserved for Sony exclusives.

Isn't this game due out next year? A December demo seems to be really far out from its release date.

I saw this yesterday, the xbox360 has a larger userbase (in the UK) than the ps3,
whilst its impossible to say whether releasing the demo only on xbox360 attributed to its much worse sales figures, it is interesting nonetheless.
Sales of Eidos' Tomb Raider: Underworld are strongest on the PlayStation 3, with 51 per cent of all units sold in its first week of release on Sony's home console.

The Xbox 360 accounted for 34 per cent of sales
http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/new-tomb-raider-sales-lead-on-playstation-3

I saw this yesterday, the xbox360 has a larger userbase (in the UK) than the ps3,
whilst its impossible to say whether releasing the demo only on xbox360 attributed to its much worse sales figures, it is interesting nonetheless.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/new-tomb-raider-sales-lead-on-playstation-3

I've noticed that Capcom has stopped releasing demos for its PSN releases (couldn't find one for Age of Booty or SF2HD), which may be due to similar reasoning.

It might, but I think the major reason is, that TR faced somewhat stiffer competition on the X360 this holiday season.

I've noticed that Capcom has stopped releasing demos for its PSN releases (couldn't find one for Age of Booty or SF2HD), which may be due to similar reasoning.

Age of Booty has a PSN demo. (at least it was on the German PSN store, and that usually means every other store must have gotten it three times over)

Age of Booty has a PSN demo. (at least it was on the German PSN store, and that usually means every other store must have gotten it three times over)

Strange. I checked the Euro store (UK one) and the trial's there, but it's not in the US store. Neither has the SF2HD demo, though.

Back