Resident Evil 5 (PS3 & Xbox 360) expected in 2008

I can't comment too much on 4 since the only experience I have with it is watching other people play it (just got a ps2 again for christmas), but I do think they overdid it with the upgrades. I really think it could have worked better if instead of attribute upgrades (firepower, speed, accuracy) they could have gone with physical things, like different scopes (start most weapons off with iron sights and have upgrades to laser sights, reflex sights and scopes of different magnification and perhaps thermal/Night Vision capabilites), different magazines (convert from 30 round magazines to 100 round Beta-C mags) and things like flashlights, grenade launchers or attachable shotguns. Basically, things that wouldn't increase raw firepower and force the devs to balance around.

I would also like to see move and shoot, as long as it is done well. Backpedaling and firing blindly can really add to the "Oh Shit" response, but the character shouldn't be able to shoot the zombies in they eye at 100 meters while in a dead out run.

Back