Resident Evil 5 - Alternative Edition

Has anyone ever used a joystick on a one handed device like in the screenshot above.
Does that device exist or just a mock up?
Perosnally I cant see it working, holding it with one handle + also operating the stick with fingers on that hand, sure you can do it for a minute or so, but I can picture severe strain to your hand if you do this for long periods of time.

Though I dont have an answer of how to stick a joystick on a one handled device, unless you can somehow strap the controller to your wrist, velcro

The device Arwin posted is already on the market.

One hand analog stick is like Wii's nunchuck. I personally find the one hand nunchuck/analog stick arrangement awkward. But it should be better than holding the entire DS3/SIXAXIS with your left hand.

For what it's worth, Nintendo may move away from the nunchuck for some of their new games. The Vitality sensor will occupy the player's left hand, leaving only the right hand to hold the Wiimote.

I think the break-apart DS3 would be a fairly unhappy compromise, unless the core two-handed controller design is reworked to support one-handed controllers too. Placement of the sitcks is far from ideal for one-handed control. I'd rather see a custom left-hand (needs to be switchable for lefties?) controller like Wii's nunchuck.

Well, the break-apart DS3 should address this issue since it is symmetric. The Split fish matches a nunchuck with a mouse.

EDIT:
Any word on whether this AE/DC is going to be PS3 exclusive? I'm holding off buying the PC version because of the DC news.

The Alternate Edition is PS3 exclusive, but Capcom mentioned that they may have another package for 360 later (perhaps a DLC):
http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2009/09/27/xbox360_re5_bonus_content/

IIRC The hookman ver was too paranormal for an RE story which concentrates on bio terror and virus...that was the reason it got scrapped.

Btw I was thinking Till now we know capcom made 3 diff. games before settling for the final concept of RE4.The first one was like old RE games, 2nd one went on to become DMC1 & third one was the hookman ver.

You mean the other way around no ?

RE4 prototype was like previous RE games, and they changed the gameplay and brought open environments to the final game.

Yeah, the other way around. Sorry, I purposely use confusing grammar in order to force people to think when reading my posts.:p ...thats believable right?

Back