Status
Not open for further replies.

boltneck

Newcomer
I really dont like the reputation system.

I am sitting at -11 reputation simply because i am being persecuted for being a Christian. I would not (if i could) put a negative mark on someone simply because i disagree with their view.

The negative comments posted about me in the reputation section range from accusing me of "Bible thumping nonsense" to other Quite rude comments.

If you look at my posts i have not attacked anyone, or been mean to anyone. What is the point of letting people slam your reputation into the ground simply because they are Atheist? Is it not they who are being intolerant and Rude? The very thing some of them are accusing me of?

I would request that my reputation counter be disabled or something.

Thank you.

You got negative rep for your whackjob extremist views and for being a jerk, the fact that you're a christian whackjob extremist jerk has very little to do with it.
yep.gif

Maybe I'm blind, but I don't even know how to give negative reputation. All I see is a way to report a bad post to the Admin, and how to add reputation.

I thought negative rep was disabled or something due to all the complaints.

Mintmaster said:
Maybe I'm blind, but I don't even know how to give negative reputation. All I see is a way to report a bad post to the Admin, and how to add reputation.

When you hit the rep button the dialogue box that comes up allows you to choose either positive or negative, along with a text box to include a comment.

digitalwanderer said:
You got negative rep for your whackjob extremist views and for being a jerk, the fact that you're a christian whackjob extremist jerk has very little to do with it.
yep.gif

Having read quite a few of his posts, I'm rather surprised he's only at -11. Clearly a good deal of restraint is being used, even if he doesn't appreciate it.

Mintmaster said:

You have to attain a certain level of something before you can give negative rep I think. I've just hit that threshold and can start dragging people's rep down....down...down :devilish:

Actually I tend to put the people I think chumps on my ignore list so likely won't be giving much negative rep at all.

Hmm, I just realized that "I disapprove" is now an option for me. I'm pretty sure it used to be an option a long time ago, but then for a while I only saw "I approve". I guess it must be something related to what Shifty said.

Mintmaster said:
Hmm, I just realized that "I disapprove" is now an option for me. I'm pretty sure it used to be an option a long time ago, but then for a while I only saw "I approve". I guess it must be something related to what Shifty said.

Yup. The "long ago" was the early days before user groups went in. Now you've regained it. Mozel Tov!

Last edited by a moderator:
digitalwanderer said:
yep.gif

Oh I see the "tolerant" one speaks again.......but then again this is to be expected of someone of your nature..........

geo said:
Having read quite a few of his posts, I'm rather surprised he's only at -11. Clearly a good deal of restraint is being used, even if he doesn't appreciate it.

Wha? Really? I haven't come across any posts from boltneck that seem inflammatory to me. Christian extremist? Perhaps but I don't recall him attacking anyone in particular but I could easily have missed some.

Pointing at such things has been suggested as not a good thing to do, so I won't.

Since reputation was turned on, it seems to have been mainly a popularity contest. Just disable it in your profile and be done with it.

Rep has proven to have very little to do with the point of the site, and more to do with the political views people hold.

That is ok, but it is kind of silly.

By and large I must admit though the people in the Red have really, really, really deserved it. What is with london boy though was that a social experiment or something? Or maybe I missed something.

Anyway boltneck I have read your posts and you come off a little crazy, there are lots of christians on the board, they are not out saying that kind of stuff. You are entitled to your views as is everyone, but don't take umbrage if others disagree. What you say has a tiny sliver of truth though, intollerant comments against religious folks are basically ignored, but intollerant comments against non-religious folks pisses people off. There is actually a good reason though, most of the negative comments about religion are based on something that is close to reality not on someones personal beliefs, but on something that can be shown with empirical evidence. That is not to say all are justified though, but I would say over 50% are pretty much correct.

Shifty Geezer said:
You have to attain a certain level of something before you can give negative rep I think. I've just hit that threshold and can start dragging people's rep down....down...down :devilish:

Actually I tend to put the people I think chumps on my ignore list so likely won't be giving much negative rep at all.

Do you have to attain a certain level of awesomeness before you can start ignoring people?

fearsomepirate said:
Do you have to attain a certain level of awesomeness before you can start ignoring people?

Dunno. If you hit User CP, you should be able to add people to your ignore list - I'm thinking/hoping that a function like this is not dependent upon Reputation level.

fearsomepirate said:
I've been ignoring people left, right, and center and I am not just talking about on the screen either. I am not sure I am awesome though, so I think anyone can try it. ;)

PS. In fact, go ahead and try it right now. Try ignoring every post after this one. I know I will. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
karlotta said:
when i ever make 1000 post, i will give bad rep to all the ppl who deserve it. They know who they are... the realy cool posters...meh

That sounds just a tad vindictive, almost vigilante worthy :LOL:

karlotta said:
when i ever make 1000 post, i will give bad rep to all the ppl who deserve it. They know who they are... the realy cool posters...meh

You may not have enough repping power to affect them if they are high enough ahead of you on the rep ladder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back