Renegade repair thread

No date on the engine yet but they're gathering all the ancillary parts that might have been affected/contaminated by the problem like a new turbo, intercooler, radiator, cooling system, HVAC...

Bother.

I have no clue when we're getting this one back I'm just fighting with them constantly over the loaners. The latest VW Atlas sets off my wife's allergies if she uses the HVAC and she has to drive around with her window open. They said they have 7 new loaners that they just need to insure and then we'll get one. That was last week. Last time I insured a vehicle it took me a 5 minute phone call and printing out a proof of insurance from an e-mail, I'd hope he'd have had it done by now but I haven't heard from him, calling him after I post this. <sigh>

Called me back yesterday and said he had a brand new Compass for us and they'd bring it out today whenever we wanted. Since the Atlas wasn't going to be back until 4 I asked he have it here around 4:10-4:30. He says no problem.

My wife worked, we went to PT together, got home at 3:50 and I got the Atlas cleaned out and ready. Even reinstalled the back of the passenger seat liner since I had some trim tools handy. By then it was 4:20 so after tea time I went out and was waiting for the Compass confident it wouldn't be long.

At 4:50 I called Chris since I know he leaves at 5 and told him no one was here and no contacts. He told me he'd call me back before 5.

At 4:59 he sent an e-mail saying his driver was stuck in Chicago until at least 6 so it wouldn't be tomorrow and he'd call me in the morning.

I just thought to myself what a fucking coward he is as I called the dealer. Nice lady at the desk told me he left, I politely explained the situation and she went to go check. Ended up talking to Russel in sales who had no clue what was going on so I gave him a quick, concise, and overwhelming description of the situation so far and the events of the day. I told him while waiting for the driver today I remembered that Chris said he had 7 new loaners and that my wife and me didn't like the Compass so what other 6 vehicles could we choose from? He promised to talk to Chris and call me by 10a tomorrow.

Then in an abundance of courtesy I emailed Chris to let him know about my discussions with the people at the dealership and that I'd really like to know what the other 6 loaners available are so we could get something we didn't hate while waiting for our Renegade after dealing with miscommunications over parts, service, problems and other things as well as it being almost a year now with no end in sight. I told him I thought it'd go a long way towards relieving our growing stress and anxiety over the Renegade.

Chris is taking my car to work tomorrow and leaving me to deal with the Atlas. If he says he has other vehicles I'm gonna either get exact year/model/trim level/features on each or else I'll just go in and look at 'em all and pick one, all the while being nice while pointing out just how awful they've been to us and continue to be. With my neuropathy issues I look and sound like a weak and feeble old man pretty well so it lets me get away with a LOT now that I'm learning how to use it to my advantage. 😈

(Don't worry, I'm still me on the inside and I start speech therapy tomorrow and am continuing PT and OT as well as having joined a gym...it's just a neat new gimmick I learned how to use to manipulate people who suck. ;) )

The only vehicles that they had that were new were Compasses, but they gave us a nice trim level. Power seat, sunroof, alpine sound system, 10.1" screen, and blacked out wheels and logos. It's not bad, Chrissy will like it a whole lot more than the Atlas.

Oh and it has 67 miles on it and smells like new instead of old butt, woo-hoo!

Back