I might be looking for a new car, input?

Oh, and the dogs are both fine. Buffy loves riding in the Jeep bouncing from window to window, Pinky HATES riding in the Jeep and cuddles in a corner whimpering and peeing herself while I try and comfort her. She threw up on my just before we got home since my wife "took the scenic way back for Pinky to enjoy". (Yeah, I'm less than pleased still about that one.)

Happy thread bump, Emmy passed her emissions test again! She's good for another 2 years. :D
I didn't think I'd pass, pretty sure there's a hole in my exhaust somewhere but it's not bad so I haven't bothered with it. When my wife told me I had to get her emission tested today because we had to renew her plates in 2 days sort of caused me a mild panic, but she passed with flying colours!
So proud, she's such a good girl! Only 12 years old and 161k miles on her, she's still a puppy.

Anyone wanna guess how much a new front propeller shaft costs to install? I looked up a video on how it's done and for a part that comes out with only 4 bolts there is a LOT of work involved! She should be ready today, I'm very excited!
(Costs about as much as the MSRP on a 3090ti. <sigh>)

I just got her back, she's doing great! I walked a mile to pick her up and was dancing the whole way there. I haven't driven her in about 2-1/2 or 3 months and it just felt SOOOO good! She's been my daily driver for over 9 years, I don't think I've ever had a car even half that long before.

Digi is very happy right now, very happy. :)

1663186284763.png

The lawnmower actually needs a new battery, I've had to use my battery jump starter to mow for the past couple of months. I just don't want to buy a new battery for it at the end of the season, I'm gonna keep doing it this way until next year. The snow thrower in front of it (to the right in the picture) needs to go to the small engine repair shop to get her carby rebuilt and a few other things, I ain't going another year without a snow thrower and my fingers are too fat to work on small engines anymore. :p
Also I know my garage needs cleaning, honest...it's just I know where everything is so it's ok. Just found a new set of front rotors and pads for Emmy that were just where I thought I left them 8 months ago when I was planning on changing them. Ceramic pads and slotted rotors, I don't like drilled rotors for daily driving as they cause microfracturing. Those are really meant more for track cars. The lawn mower is kick ass though and I love it, has a super tight turn radius since we couldn't get a zero turn one due to our steep hill. My wife started insisting on riding mowers ever since I had my quadruple bypass, and since I've always wanted one I wasn't gonna argue. They are a LOT more fun than pushing a mower!

Found a new set of rotors and pads for her front I picked up a year ago in the garage and just threw them on, stops on a dime now! Took me two hours though, I'm getting slower. :(

Back