Remasters wishlist (why console gamers should get PC and get 'remasters' when they upgrade) *spawn

Demon Souls - this is a no brainer, just hope that it won't be 30fps locked.

Rachet PS3 - I can see Sony getting Insomnaic to do a remaster for the last 3 main rachet games after the release of the new one, because the new one is a re imagine of the first game, but this may cause confusion for the new comers in terms of time line and story. But the next game can always get a new fresh start with new main villain.

Resistance trilogy - Probably a no go, first Resistance is too outdated, second game nearly killed the franchise for many people, R3 was great, unless they can remaster it cheap enough and release R3 SP on digital for 20 bucks and still be profitable I don't see the franchise coming back in any form.

Puppeteer - Totally deserve a second chance and need to be 60 fps too or don't bother. However PS4 doesn't support move controllers so missing those features may seems like a step back, It kind of added some value to the original.

Killzone - Can totally see KZ2 remaster even with its MP as some sort of GG milestone/anniversary celebration and put it on PSN. The rest of the franchise range from mediocre to decent received so they can probably skip the rest.

GOW - They kind of missed the boat with Ascension not being part of the GOW 3 remaster, Ascension wasn't very well received either, many even consider it as the black sheep of the franchise, I don't think we will see anymore of GOW remaster. I was really hoping they would bundle it with GOW3 remaster and actually tweak the gameplay and especially the god awful camera. As much as I love GOW3, I didn't feel it was even worth the 30 bucks I paid as it was so barebone, didn't even bother to re render the cutscene. GOW1-2 assets are very outdated now, PSP games were already running at full 1080p on PS3 we don't need remaster of remaster of that that unless they decide to bundle GOW psp, 1-2 and Ascension into 1 and sell them all for 50, or else people will complain about the value vs contents.

Heavenly Sword - Don't think people care, don't think it has a strong cult following neither. Like Resistance, unless remaster budget can be low enough to be sold on PSN for 20 and still be profitable. I don't see it happening.

Siren - Assets for the first 2 games are super old, but would still like to see all 3 games being bundled and released on PSN to kickstart a new entry. Especially when part 2 was never released in the US.

Wipeout - I can see this coming back as a new game with added contents from the Vita game + new, 60 fps + VR support WOW! But liverpool ;_;

Motorstorm - I can see a part 2 remaster, but is don't think the franchise is popular enough...

GT - Remaster makes no sense, fans already hate those standard cars as they are. Was hoping PD would do something smart with GT6 premium assets and engine so they start making profit and building for the next game by release a GT f2p. Use GT6 engine and only have premium cars as a start for a f2p game, then add new premium cars periodically as DLC to start funding and also getting premium assets ready for GT7 while keeping the fans busy. GT6 can't be cheap if GT5 cost 60 millions, don't think it sold nearly as much at full price. They need to do something smart with budget or they will be the next SCE studio that get massive lay off if GT7 doesn't sell.

Gravity Rush - Rated on Korea, looks like its coming :)

soul Sacrifice - This need to come to PS4 is some form, hate to see Sony give up on it just because Vita situation oversea. Maybe just build a new game in the same universe and same lore.

Sony have many IP but those are they one that is more likely to happen (or not happen). Most of the rest are either too old, from PS2-1 era or not popular enough. Though 1 IP that I really wish would have come back is Skygunner, but that game need a remake with MP, not a remaster.

EDIT:

Infamous - How could I have forgotten that, one of my favorite new franchise last gen. Sucker Punch can do a remaster of the first 2 and release it 6 months before the next game if they are planning to bring Cole back. Which I hope they will.

Last edited:
Puppeteer - Totally deserve a second chance and need to be 60 fps too or don't bother. However PS4 doesn't support move controllers so missing those features may seems like a step back, It kind of added some value to the original.

PS4 fully supports move controllers [and additionally, limited 3D tracking of DS4].

I may be one of the few who actually enjoyed Heavenly Sword. Only issues I had with it were the lack of replayability and length, and the framerate wasn't the greatest. I think a 1080p/60fps Heavenly Sword would look amazing, but it would have to be <$30 for me to buy it considering how short it is.

I think that Bethesda needs to "make things right" with Playstation community and release Skyrim remaster that will not have technical issues.

I think that Bethesda needs to "make things right" with Playstation community and release Skyrim remaster that will not have technical issues.
I gave up hoping for that and bought it cheap on Steam :yes:

I would like to see inFamous remade. Not remastered, but remade throwing in some of the powers introduced in the second game.

I want a Dragon's Dogma remaster. Doesn't have to be anything special either. Simply smoothing out the bumpy framerate would suffice for me.

I want a Dragon's Dogma remaster. Doesn't have to be anything special either. Simply smoothing out the bumpy framerate would suffice for me.

This definitely needs to happen, but I think it is highly likely going to happen going by Capcom attitude towards remaster. Since DDO is out, the staffs must be free to do more unless they were all reassign to deep down.

I'm not so sure about that. Considering it's Capcom we're talking about here - i.e. the company that released god knows how many versions of RE4 at this point -, they seem almost reluctant to jump onto the remaster train.

Back