Real life examples of 'broken graphics'

328887090_1914467292225549_2169290339834105891_n.jpg

I caught something like that while filming a prop plane idling on the tarmac at a tiny airport out in BFE. You could hear it running and see the exhaust plume but the actual recorded video showed the props just barely rotating until eventually they throttled up to start taxiing (sp?) to the runway.

How does that work? Lights each side providing uniform underneath illumination? The cast shadow seems way too light and contrasted.

How does that work? Lights each side providing uniform underneath illumination? The cast shadow seems way too light and contrasted.
One light behind camera and bit to the left lights under the car.
it is partially shadowed allowing the strange dark shape on ground where both lights are occluded.

The light foreground and how shadow ends is what throw me off.
Perhaps lights just overlap nicely..

It's a collage of multiple photos taken at different times of the day.

The hard shadow in the foreground is from the top of a vehicle parked in the spot where the camera is setup or possibly even one more spot over as the shadows indicate late afternoon. You can see a reflection of that vehicle in the side of the SUV in the photo. Likewise the hard shadow at the front is from a pole or something on the fence.

I'm guessing 2 or 3 photos were composited to make that picture. In other words, it's been photoshopped.

Regards,
SB

Back