RE4 worldwide sales numbers. Teasy should be happy.

Far better? I predicted 600k tops in north america, and it hasn´t even reached 500k million units yet.

You predicted that RE4 would be at 1.1 million worldwide 12 months after its release. These numbers show its already at 1.23 million in only 3 months.

To me it looks like some people don't give credit to where credit is due. For the GC to push 1.2 million units out of 18 million in 3 months is great. That like the PS2 selling close to 6 million units in 3 months.
________
Bmw N62

Last edited by a moderator:
Almasy said:
Far better? I predicted 600k tops in north america, and it hasn´t even reached 500k million units yet.

Maybe I am reading the first post wrong (was it changed?) but it says:

North America - 660,000 units

660k is more than 500k (I assume the million is a slip!) and surpasses the 600k prediction. Not a big deal... I was ready for the game to bomb with the PS2 news and the missed holiday.

Almasy's backpedaling some (or at least not paying close attention to the numbers, it would seem), but then you're also off the mark saying things like far better. RE4's sales spurt is effectively over (until the PS2 version at least) at this point--it's off the Top 20 (April sales put it at 16.5k) so it's a bit off-base making comments like that. He predicted 1.1 and it's possibly around 1.3 right now? OMGWTFPWND!!!

;)

I'm not sure if good games get a bit of summer pickup or whether the well tends keeps on delivering only a trickle when it gets there (until it goes "Player's Choice" at least), but it seems his predictions were just a bit under. What are guesses as to what it would hit in 12 months at this point? 1.4 million? (I don't discount spurred holiday sales, but I also don't discount "next gen fever" which will be really distracting this year.)

I would think that RE4 would make some additional sales its first holiday also. Especially if Capcom is going to PUSH for 2M PS2 sales, that advertising will raise awareness to those who may have missed RE4. I know quite a few people who only buy games in the holiday season, so a quality game like RE4, the limited GCN selection, and the PS2 advertising push for the port could add a nice little holiday spike.

Another possibility is RE4 could win the Game of the Year award for the GCN if Zelda dissappoints much. If that happens (unlikely of course) the added exposure could add a spike in sales.

Of course I never made any predictions and wont knock anyone elses. I personally did not have high hopes for this title. I was shocked at the reviews and shocked at the sales all things considered.

As mention with with number of PS2 consoles that are in households I believe there could be a 2 million sales of RE4 on the PS2. Like a previous poster stated that Capcom made a mistake by telling everyone it would be coming out on the PS2 even before Nintendo could utilize it fully for a reason why to buy it for the GC.

People who either own a PS2 (who would buy it for now proven play value and they didnt have to buy a GC to play it) or a person whos owns both a PS2 and GC might of sat back and said it could be better on the PS2 (even though Im a firm believer that the GC version is probably the best looking GC title to date). I know some people even to this day are under the impression (I think wrong but...)Capcom might offer a directors cut or something extra with the PS2 release.

I am a little suprised with how good the game is coming along on the PS2 but we will have to wait and see when the final game ships. Either way I think it will sell at least 2mil worldwide on PS2.

but then you're also off the mark saying things like far better. RE4's sales spurt is effectively over (until the PS2 version at least) at this point--it's off the Top 20 (April sales put it at 16.5k) so it's a bit off-base making comments like that. He predicted 1.1 and it's possibly around 1.3 right now? OMGWTFPWND!!!

As I said, its selling far better so far, since its already surpassed the 12 month prediction in 3 months. Wether its final sales will be far ahead is another question.

Sales for the GC version definitely aren't over though. These numbers only include the first 2 weeks of European sales. Also while the games sales are only going along at around 15,000 a month in the US ATM I think that the game should hold steady at that number and pick up a bit as Christmas approaches. So I think the game can sell another 500-600,000 worldwide.

Teasy said:

You predicted that RE4 would be at 1.1 million worldwide 12 months after its release. These numbers show its already at 1.23 million in only 3 months.

I did? I remember only about my NA figure, so maybe my memory is a bit fuzzy.:p

Also, I remember the NPD listing RE4 at just under 500k, that´s why I said it hadn´t reached 600k.

you'll most likely see an increase when the ps2 version hits. There will be alot of tv adds and people will come into the store and see the gc version which may be cheaper by then

Teasy said:
Sales for the GC version definitely aren't over though. These numbers only include the first 2 weeks of European sales.
Oh? Forgot about that bit, since we're a few months ahead of their timeframe. But the totals given seemed to line up to where I'd expect Europe to fall between the US and Japan, so I didn't think about it further.

Back