Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart [PS5, PC]

• Thread starter Deleted member 7537
  • Start date
Finally started this today! One thing I found strange even on the RT60 mode is the slowness of the movements. I had to raise the camera and aim to 10, and even then it feels a little slow.
Beautiful game of course, there's not much to say that hasn't been said here.

Purposely slowed down to optimize the time available for streaming? But it could also be the stretchy animation. And yeah there are a lot of settings … I have played mostly on 30fps. Only at one point there was a tricky section with rails, swings and jumps where I had trouble and switched to RT 60 to see if it would be easier (which it was a little) but then I switched back. Think I am at 25-30%.

Purposely slowed down to optimize the time available for streaming? But it could also be the stretchy animation. And yeah there are a lot of settings … I have played mostly on 30fps. Only at one point there was a tricky section with rails, swings and jumps where I had trouble and switched to RT 60 to see if it would be easier (which it was a little) but then I switched back. Think I am at 25-30%.
Yeah I also put it back to Fidelity. It must be the smoothest 30fps I've seen as usually I just can't take it. Has to be their motion blur implementation? Still not entirely sure it looks that much different from PerfRT but what the heck, I can switch back when I've completed the game.

I keep switching beewteen fidelity and perf rt ;d Have more fun playing 60 rt tough playing 1.5m from 55lgcx I see lost of picture sharpeness

Ive played both, yes IQ is paired back in 60fps modes, but technically your loosing frames in 30fps modes aswell. I dunno, the 60fps does give a much better experience switching between the two under longer perioids. Play the game in quality mode for half an hour then switch to 60 and its hard to go back. I think that going forward 30fps should be a thing of the past.

When 30fps is done right with good motion blur it feels weird for a minute if i play right after a 60fps game but then it's all good.
So i really don't mind 30fps.

Ive played both, yes IQ is paired back in 60fps modes, but technically your loosing frames in 30fps modes aswell. I dunno, the 60fps does give a much better experience switching between the two under longer perioids. Play the game in quality mode for half an hour then switch to 60 and its hard to go back. I think that going forward 30fps should be a thing of the past.
Some of you can't just understand and accept that not everybody is as sensitive to a lower (but still acceptable, depending on the occasion) framerate as you are? If 30 FPS allows for better graphics and some people prefer that, good for them! I don't think providing more options should be a thing of the past.

It look nice in the Fidelity Mode, but I definitely prefer the 60hz modes.

I've tried flicking between them and I can see differences in resolution between all three modes. I still prefer the lowest resolution mode (RT60).

Finished. Needless to say, fantastic game. Got the Ryno too but it doesn’t work like it did in some tweets I’ve seen (spoiler alert?). Maybe I need to level it up.

When 30fps is done right with good motion blur it feels weird for a minute if i play right after a 60fps game but then it's all good.
Back in the Amstrad/atari days i played so many 3d games at something like 10fps and still had fun :runaway:

Edit: ah good old days

I had this on my 386 PC and spent hours. Much better framerates than this of course
A brand called Mitac. Man the times

Back in the Amstrad/atari days i played so many 3d games at something like 10fps and still had fun :runaway:

Edit: ah good old days

I played Diablo II on a 486 DX2 @ 66 Mhz (it had a massive 32 MB RAM though) at 15 FPS or so. Under that when the screen was full of mobs, sometimes 2-3 FPS lol.

I played the hell out of hard drivin and steel talons on the small screen of my lynx, i'm sure they ran at less than 10fps !

Back