Rainbow Six: Vegas (360) Announced

cloudscapes said:
With all due respect, Fishie (whever he/she/it is) doesn't know what they're talking about.

You are from Montreal, eh? Ubisoft team person?

Fishie sometimes knows what he's talking about. If you'd like to kill that rumor he is spreading, please do.

ROG27 said:

Fishie sometimes knows what he's talking about. If you'd like to kill that rumor he is spreading, please do.

is a multiplatform title.. whats the big deal? We've seen GRAW, those pictures are that that much better.

ROG27 said:

Yes, I'm from Ubi, and I'm also part of the R6: Vegas team. Unfortunatelly I can't say much because I'm all NDA'ed up, but I know that those aren't PS3 screenshots. That said, XB360, PS3 and PC will pretty-much all look that nice (with minor variants, and I'm personally guessing PC will look a bit better, that's my own opinion though).

I won't be saying any more than has been officially released. ;) Just clearing things up here. I can't be bothered to correct Fishie over there though, as I'm not a member of that board and I don't have time to make an account just for that. Who'd believe a member with just one post anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
cloudscapes said:
Yes, I'm from Ubi, and I'm also part of the R6: Vegas team. Unfortunatelly I can't say much because I'm all NDA'ed up, but I know that those aren't PS3 screenshots. That said, XB360, PS3 and PC will pretty-much all look that nice (with minor variants, and I'm personally guessing PC will look a bit better, that's my own opinion though).

I won't be saying any more than has been officially released. ;) Just clearing things up here. I can't be bothered to correct Fishie over there though, as I'm not a member of that board and I don't have time to make an account just for that. Who'd believe a member with just one post anyway.

Awesome, man. Thanks for clearing that up. I hate misinformation as much as the next person. And Fishie certainly does spread alot of rumors. That's a dent in his credibility.

ROG27 said:
Awesome, man. Thanks for clearing that up. I hate misinformation as much as the next person. And Fishie certainly does spread alot of rumors. That's a dent in his credibility.

With all due respect, ROG27, it's a slight dent in your own credibility as well.

Cloudscapes -

Is it because of the closed environments that Vegas looks way better than even GRAW? Or did you manage to tap the console/card in a way the GRAW team did not have time to.

cloudscapes said:

Thanks man. I asked him like 2 times to clear it up and he refused. Again thanks and be ready to answer some question come May 10th.:devilish:

cloudscapes said:
Some of the screenshots are obvious concept art, but I can vouch that the few gameplay ones look more-or-less like that in-game. Inc. the aerial Vegas shot and the one above the water.

Are the screenshots like these below real-time too?

http://www.gametime.co.kr/images/hw/news/2006/03/news_20060306_18.gif
http://www.gametime.co.kr/images/hw/news/2006/03/news_20060306_15.gif
http://www.gametime.co.kr/images/hw/news/2006/03/news_20060306_16.gif

If so keep up the great work. If not then I do like the aerial shots too.

argh! I should learn to shut up! ;)

blakjedi: don't quote me on this, because I'm not certain of everything. I've never worked on GRAW nor have I even played it (just seen videos). I also don't want to say much in fear of breaching my NDA. Just consider that GRAW uses a different engine, and that that series is generally geared towards open combat, where R6 is more geared towards close-combat. Naturally, any game that has more close-combat will be able to concentrate more details in the immidiate suroundings. I'd rather not get into more details. :S

mckmas8808: yeah, those are in-game, as stated on several sites. again I don't want to get into details. we're still a ways from release and art direction and minor details are always changing slightly.

Joe DeFuria said:
With all due respect, ROG27, it's a slight dent in your own credibility as well.

Why is that? Fishie is often right and he is an insider journalist. If you are inferring that I am let down in any way, shape, or form, no, you would be incorrect. I never passed it off as my own insider information. I was just passing it along. In fact, I was hoping someone would validate the information. So, don't get off shooting the messenger. If he turned out to be right, it would be an interesting tidbid. Imagine, if publishers had been leaking PS3 content this whole time and misnomering it as X360 stuff to get around NDAs. That would be a whole can of worms opened up there, wouldn't it?

Edit: the information has worked its way to GAF. Fishie yelled at for being an idiot.

cloudscapes said:
argh! I should learn to shut up! ;)
mckmas8808: yeah, those are in-game, as stated on several sites. again I don't want to get into details. we're still a ways from release and art direction and minor details are always changing slightly.

Okay no more questions. I love you man.

Oh did I say that out loud?:oops:

Cloudscape im sure ur not treading on NDA when I ask you this:

1) Are the GPU's in Playstation 3 and Xbox 3 similiar in power? similiar in Capabilities?

2) Do you guys have the final PS3 dev kits

3) Are you expecting next generation PC cards by the time this game releases or afterwards

basanti said:

1) Are the GPU's in Playstation 3 and Xbox 3 similiar in power? similiar in Capabilities?

3) Are you expecting next generation PC cards by the time this game releases or afterwards

Come on dude. Let's not abuse CloudScapes with a would be questions and answers session. It's nice of the developers to be here in the first place.

basanti said:

1. I don't know. Not my area of expertise. I don,t want to ask around either, as I,m sure to get mixed responses. I don't want to say anything I,m not sure about.

2. we have some PS3 dev kits. I don't know if they're final. again, don't want to ask or talk much about stuff I don't know much about.

3. I don't know. not my field. :D

ROG27 said:
Come on dude. Let's not abuse CloudScapes with a would be questions and answers session. It's nice of the developers to be here in the first place.

haha it's okay. I'm normally here anyways, not as a dev but as a member of B3D.

Back