Quantum Break [XO] (by Remedy) *large images*

Character face models and animations looked very impressive here. Certainly not getting the attention it deserves.

But was that realtime cutscene or just pre-recorded in-engine? I think that's why there's not much chatter. The facial animation reminded me a lot of LA Noire, in terms of capturing the realism of the actors expression. Looks very good.

Scott, it was all in-engine. In fact, I bet there was a couple short clips that are actually in-game gameplay (the part where the guy moves through the suspended glass).

If that's true then it looks pretty spectacular.

yes GT interviewed Remedy dev after show and showed more and he said yes that is in game. he said you can not rotate camera in the explosion scene but that there were 7 camera points if I understood him correctly

yes GT interviewed Remedy dev after show and showed more and he said yes that is in game. he said you can not rotate camera in the explosion scene but that there were 7 camera points if I understood him correctly

So the game uses fixed cameras? Weird. I want to know what this thing is.

The presenter at the show afaik said that it was a "game scene shown in-engine". Which was rather a mouthful if he meant "this is in-game"...

Fixed cameras may make it easier to keep track of what's happening, if time is to be all over the place.

Hm, the shown stuff was to short to get a good impression. I am not sure what to think about the integration of a TV show...interesting experiment somehow, but at the moment I am sceptic how this could benefit the game.

Hm, the shown stuff was to short to get a good impression. I am not sure what to think about the integration of a TV show...interesting experiment somehow, but at the moment I am sceptic how this could benefit the game.

From the interview with Sam Lake, the tv show comes with the game. As in, it will be in the same disc. So what you play decides how the tv show plays out. That is, I imagine the game will have several video cuts and shots so your ingame choices decides which and what part of the tv show you see.

Also, the direction in this game will not be a surprise to anybody familiar with Remedy Games. Max Payne dealt with a comic book narrative, Alan Wake dealt with novel based narrative (Alan Wake: American Nightmare is a hybrid of novel and live action), and this one will deal with tv series in its narrative structure.

Looking forward to it.

From the interview with Sam Lake, the tv show comes with the game. As in, it will be in the same disc. So what you play decides how the tv show plays out. That is, I imagine the game will have several video cuts and shots so your ingame choices decides which and what part of the tv show you see.

Also, the direction in this game will not be a surprise to anybody familiar with Remedy Games. Max Payne dealt with a comic book narrative, Alan Wake dealt with novel based narrative (Alan Wake: American Nightmare is a hybrid of novel and live action), and this one will deal with tv series in its narrative structure.

Looking forward to it.

This sounds indeed a bit better, tv show on the disc is a big plus!

Sam Lake is great, he has marketed this game 10000x better than these trailers. He explained tons of stuff.

I'll have to go find that Sam Lake interview.
Do you mean this one? :smile:

Some screens:

yWg6XGD.jpg

7rinavS.jpg

xnscrSQ.jpg

EhlzDBW.png

sBlGvwW.jpg

That's amazing, especially the first one. I gotta say I appreciated those graphics the moment I saw them.

I thought that only a couple of studios -LA Noire creators and not many more- could make something like that in the past, but now Remedy is up there in the top for me.

These are things we could never see the last generation and that was what defined and made the Microsoft's event so special and drool-worthy to me.

Except for Ubisoft's presentation -The Crew lighting was out of this world, so were The Division's graphics-, and a couple of neat details here and there in Sony's E3 announcement, MS' event was the best one -imho- because of the shockingly impressive technology they showed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks cool, maybe a nitpik but I wish they would get away from the six sided bokeh, I don't think any real world lenses do that, the iris is usually at a minimum 8 blades.

Back