Quantum Break [XO] (by Remedy) *large images*

It's very likely pre-calculated, realtime rendered, as it doesn't look good enough IMO to be offline-rendered.

Not that the mast of a ship would be able to plow straight through a huge bridge like that in real life, it would bend or break off long before causing significant damage to the bridge, of course...

It's just Hollywood' physics... You know, like cars exploding when shot...

If it blends seamlessly with the gameplay, as in same lighting, shaders, res, shadows then it's still pretty impressive I must say. Hope this game is 1080p.

Can anyone give me a link for where it says the bridge part is realtime? Sure it's not pre rendered cutscene? Screenshots look good but nothing mind blowing.

yeah, at least they look kinda next gen-ish.

likely just an example of a ground up next gen game, however early, instead of last gen in hd crap like cod ghosts.

yeah, at least they look kinda next gen-ish.

likely just an example of a ground up next gen game, however early, instead of last gen in hd crap like cod ghosts.

Agreed, looks decisively better than all those cross gen games. Always love the way Remedy do lighting.

Hopefully, it'll be released soon after xbone launch. I waited too long for Alan Wake.
I'm actually a bit sad as it looks like i'll go sony this generation, and I will miss this Remedy game.
I was bluffed at the end of the first Alan Wake chapter, great game!

I'm still not clear how this game and show interaction is supposed to work. I really like Remedy, so the game is on my radar, despite my total confusion as to what it is.

The only thing I ask from Remedy is to introduce new game mechanic as the story progresses.
Both Max Payne and Alan Wake had the same game mechanic through out the entire game and got repetitive and boring.

Quantum Break art box revealed! It shows what seems to be the protagonists in some kind of miserable situation.

Quantum-Break-for-Xbox-One-Gets-Cover-Reveals-Main-Character-2.jpg

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Quan...ets-Cover-Reveals-Main-Character-357071.shtml

Last edited by a moderator:
Errr....doesn't this suggest it's coming pretty soon? It's even got the provisional game rating on it. Phil Spencer confirmed it's *not* a launch title, so that's kinda strange to have box art so early.

It kind of looks like MS are making a statement... 'Look! We are doing games as well'

He has a huge head .
Yes, I noticed that too. His head and torso are disproportionate. Perhaps it has something to do with the story of the game? I don't think they missed that intentionally.

I think that this could be a true revolution in gaming, if you think carefully about it.

For instance, just imagine the possibilities in one of the best games ever on the original Xbox, Buffy the Vampire Slayer. :smile:

Since Xbone can instantaneously switch from a game to the TV and then transition back to the game, the game could have the ability to show Buffy and the other characters as they are seen in the flesh, and then in game mode switch back inmediately to their modelled 3D characters. :eek:

That could be great for the future of videogames.

Back