PSP Go

Meh, £25 isn't gonna make much difference. I think this is more competitive pricing than a slash of price because no-one wants to pay that much for PSP!

Something I also realized while looking at this is many of the negative reviews out there for the PSPgo (*cough*Ars Technica*wheeze*) like to frame the PSP-3000 as a best of both worlds device. With the 3000 you get comparable battery life (when playing from memory stick) AND access to better prices on used UMDs. What they fail to recognize is you don't actually get both those things at the same time. If you chose to save a couple dollars by buying UMD you have to deal with higher load times and less battery life. To use some familiar terminology, these are PSP-3000 benefits that don't stack.

Yes they do. Simply spend an extra $35-40 dollars and purchase an additional battery pack. Thus you get the cheaper library and twice the playing time and still save about $40.00 versus the PSP Go.

If you have to buy $16GB of memory AND additional battery packs you've wiped out any price advantage the 3000 had. Plus you have to haul that stuff around!

It's funny that the best experience for PSP is for people that have custom firmware, while us non custom firmware users are getting knocked around like we are thieves.

It's funny that the best experience for PSP is for people that have custom firmware, while us non custom firmware users are getting knocked around like we are thieves.

It´s the same with Nintendo DS, XBOX and even region free DVD players :)

I went to buy a GO today, wanted a black to complement my white modded 2000. The store only had one white left, bought it together with FIFA 2010. To bad the PS Store seems to be down now...

So does the PSPGO sport any hardware advancements?

I heard the rumors that it had a 50% clock increase and 128MB of RAM- were these totally unfounded?

If you have to buy $16GB of memory AND additional battery packs you've wiped out any price advantage the 3000 had. Plus you have to haul that stuff around!

True, but given the cheaper/hardcopy library, modability, longer playtimes and bigger screen, people may find more value in pimping out a 3000 than opting for the Go.

Surely you'd either buy the 16GB card and play download games, or play UMD games and use the extra batteries to offset the UMD power consumption?

But then it's one or the other, and not a "best of both worlds" device, just like I said originally!

True, but given the cheaper/hardcopy library, modability, longer playtimes and bigger screen, people may find more value in pimping out a 3000 than opting for the Go.

Granted, while some people may see value in the smaller size and increased portability offered by the Go and digital download.

Yesterday i had the pleasure of trying GT-PSP on a PSP-GO.
I find that the PSP-Go is superior to the Original PSP in every aspect, and driving was much more easy with the placement of the analog "thumb" and the feedback it gives compared to the PSP-1000.

One thing that surprised me and really made it much more interesting was something as simple as Size. The new design, slide out controls and slightly smaller screen makes it so much easier to carry with you. The PSP-GO is really something you can put in your pocket and carry without whenever it suits you. The Original PSP was something that usually ended up in a bag or something like that when i brought it with me.

If Sony had been a little bit more clever they would have added a phone to this little Gem and a touchscreen. It would really have been something the borders on perfect.

The PSP-GO jumped from "don´t care" to "ohh i guess i need one" within a few minutes of handling.

The iPhone version of Madden NFL 10 costs $9.99, but the PSP version is $39.99. A Sony official said that the PSP version has a lot more features; I’ll take his word for it. Still, few consumers will long tolerate such a price gap.

:oops:

Even worse, the PS3 version is $59.99 while the iPhone is $9.99!!!!!

Does he think buyers are idiots? Just because two games have the same name does not make them the same. While I agree the PSP version cost to much (no PSP game is really worth $40 IMO), they should not assume the consumers are brain dead.

I just picked up Madden 2008 on UMD for $8, so I'll take the best of both worlds :)

Yeah, and Assassin's Creed the 2.5D platformer (which seems to be built on the Prince of Persia remake code or something) isn't quite comparable with the PSP version's full 3D version either (which seems to be built on an improved verison of the engine running the PSP versions of the modern Prince of Persia games on PS2)

Back