PSP and DS sales in North America

Should we start a thread for reporting every empty PSP battery charge that has happened to you or someone you know, please post the place time and how much you had used the pSP and for what purposes.
That would be the most useful thread evva!

I'm just saying , when running psp games the battery does die quickly .

Its a portable , I wont allways be next to another power source

I've never really tried running any of the games for long, I'll give it a shot tomorrow.

My kids play games/watch viddies/listen to music on it all day long and it doesn't quit on them, but they also plug it in faithfully to recharge every night.

For some players the battery time sure can be too short, for some players even 10h time would be too short.
I personally can't play 4 or 5 hours non stop, 2 hours is about what I play max on one sitting, then I have at least hours break, usually several hours or even a day.
I haven't yet ran out of battery, but then again I haven't yet been in a place where I didn't have access to some form of electricity to charge.
Even then if I went to town to play PSP for 4 hours and then the battery dies, I really wouldn't mind at all as after that 4 hours I would want to do something else already.

Exactly... not sure how 5-6 hours counts as "quickly". My ipod gets a lot more use than my PSP, and it gets 5-6 hours per charge, and I've always found it enough.

And before anyone brings up a phone's standby time as an indicator of how long a PSP should last again - don't.

PSP is still living on its launch sales ATM (only 2.5 months on the market), so it doesn't need new games to sell. Just the same as DS within a few months of its release.

Having said that I don't believe these DS/GBA numbers, not without a proper reliable source (this source is nothing better then rumour). Though whatever the actual DS numbers are I'm sure they'll increase in June (with 2-3 good games being released). Just as I'm sure PSP's sales will continue to drop (until we see some new good games).

Back