PS4 Pro Speculation (PS4K NEO Kaio-Ken-Kutaragi-Kaz Neo-san)

Status
Not open for further replies.
doesn't seem to be much of a problem for pc's?
why is it harder in a closed box to tweak the games with more/less effects etc? Especially as most games are multi-platform
Well I just mean Xbox One will be left behind faster than ps4.

Well I just mean Xbox One will be left behind faster than ps4.
ok i understand.
or it could just as easily be seen as being able to show a big enough difference in products to justify having a premium machine on the market at the same time.

I think that both ps4 & xo will be left behind at the same time due to multi plat support. Makes little sense to support one and not the other.
as for first party games, pretty much the same.
does people really think that there isn't at least 3-4 years left in current consoles?

4 years is usual for them to start a new gen when they think they are not successful enough. Remember Xbox OG -> Xbox360.
In addition to Mrcorbo's points, one sample doesn't represent a pattern for a usual behaviour. MS ended a generation early (4 years) once, and they launched a new generation late (8 years) once - so which of those is 'usual' behaviour? And if we use your tighter selection criteria, the've only ever once had a console that wasn't successful so there's absolutely no way to determine a usual way to deal with that situation.

Seems believable. It creates a consistent design across models. I'm just wondering what they are going to call it? PS4 X? PS4 S? PS4+?

There is no reason whatsoever the NEO couldn't utilize the same GPU running at 5.5TFlop. It would only require better cooling and a slightly larger power supply. The issue here is if Sony is willing to deal with the moderate extra costs involved. A 5.5TFlop GPU would make the PSNEO approximately 3 times the power of the PS4, plus efficiency enhancements. This isn't a generational leap, but if the NEO is to cost one cent more than the current PS4, then people will want to know they are paying for a significant upgrade.

Final prediction from me:

CPU: 8x Jaguar @ 2.4 GHz
GPU: 4.4 TFlops
238 GB/sec bandwidth

November 2016 release in NA/EU
That's what I'm guessing it will be.
My final prediction:

GPU AMD480 ~5 tflops
CPU jaguar at 2.4ghz
Ram 8gbps 8GB: 256GB/s
This is what I'm hoping it will be.

Also gonna guess $449-$499 and a price drop to $399 around the time Scorpio releases, along with a $249 price drop for the PS4 slim.

Last edited:
It might just be that a 4.2TF console needs that much power/cooling. We don't really have anything to compare that to. We'll definitely know more in 4 days.
If PS4K really ends in 4.2 TF with 180W and TSMC 16nm, this will be a horrible result because it means GTX 1060 has 1.5X power efficiency. Sony will reconsider Nvidia for GPU of their next-gen home console.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back