[PS3] Singstar

Discussion in 'Console Gaming' started by Arwin, Nov 9, 2007.

1. patsu

Legend

Ha, my son bought the static LBP wallpaper from SingStore when we were not looking. All I heard was "LittleBigPlanet, I want this".

We made him pay for it from his piggybank afterwards. He thought it's worth it and promptly shell out the money. :roll:

Bummer ! My piano is arriving this afternoon. As far as musical instruments go, the real ones take precedence. ^_^

2. patsu

Legend

Was there a 4.20 patch in US ? I don't play it as much as my family members.
    http://playstation.joystiq.com/2009...working-to-fix-bugs-introduced-in-latest-pat/

Quality, quality, quality.

3. patsu

Legend

SingStar 4.30 released

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009/12/singstar-holiday-update/

New features:

4. Arwin

Arwin Now Officially a Top 10 Poster
    Moderator Legend

Pretty impressive update again ... good work.

5. patsu

Legend

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2009/12/14/singstar-viewer-–-coming-soon/

Hmm...

I think a Facebook app would be more appropriate. I thought it's okay to play 10 seconds or less of a video/music for promo purposes to avoid the royalties ?

Or at least -- if the user choose to -- a direct plug-in in the XMB itself (e.g., dynamic theme, the "What's New" pane), VidZone, or even the globe in "Life with Playstation".

6. Arwin

Moderator Legend

I think this is actually a really good idea. It gives the users a taste of the (excellent) SingStar UI.

I think that if the time comes that Sony can legally put these videos up for more people than PS3 users, they'll probably add support to upload videos to Youtube. For now though I think it's a good idea to allow users this window on the SingStar community.

It's also very nice for SingStar owners of course, as now you have access to these community features without having to have the SingStar disc in the machine.

7. patsu

Legend

Sony soliciting beta testers for SingStar battle mode:
    http://playstation.joystiq.com/2010/04/08/singstar-adding-online-battle-mode-this-june/

I wonder if there's a way to clip a mic to PS Move via the proprietary port. Or just use PS Eye's mic.

8. Need 2 Know

Regular

As usual i got the email Code for this Beta but you need a Singstar PS3 Disc and Mic, if anybody has the Disc and Mic criteria then please email me and ill give ya my Code.

9. patsu

Legend

New features in June:
    http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2010...ar-features-coming-this-june-2/#comment-71357

10. tuna

Veteran

The PSP integration seems really cool!

11. goonergaz

Veteran

anyone else been asked to register for the closed beta coming soon?

12. patsu

Legend

JPT may have it. He gave the previous SingStar battle beta code to me.

13. Crossbar

Veteran

I got an invitation to the release party of Singstar Kent and went there last night. It took place at a showroom for playstation games at the Gröna Lund amusement park here in Stockholm. Not a very exciting event, the band itself was only represented by their manager. Not really surprising as the band is well known to stay away from media and journalists hate them for that. But I respect that, they have integrity, they do their thing and let the music speak for them, not prostituting them self to get as much media exposure as possible. I am a big fan of their music as well and I don´t need to know what their daily life look like, the music is enough for me.

Anyway, the good thing was that I got drunk on champagne and got to play GT5 (prologue only) on a really nice setup a good chair really makes a lot of difference. There was a song contest (Singstar Kent) as well where you could win signed copy of the game, wireless mics and a PS eye. I did pretty well scoring over 9000 points, but I did not stand a chance against the two that ended up in the final.

Of some interest was that the manager told us that it only took about a year from the initial contacts from Sony until the game was released, it but involved enormous amounts of paperwork and correspondence with London.

Anyway I got the game for free when I left the event so I can´t really complain, I will probably check off a few more trophies in Singstar in the near future. :grin:

14. Arwin

Moderator Legend

Nice, thanks for the impressions! It will make a nice gift for a (lady)friend of mine who's living here but from Sweden originally.

15. Arwin

Moderator Legend

The 4.40 update is now up.

16. patsu

Legend

They should make SingStar clubs available as a FaceBook app, or at least viewable from FaceBook directly. Some of the videos are very funny and warm.

I expected to see a p*nis drawing in one of these SingStar videos, but so far, thank god, I haven't run into one yet.

17. patsu

Legend

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/10/08/singstar-dance-coming-november-9th-party-pack-details/

18. Arwin

Moderator Legend

19. patsu

Legend

:lol: :lol: EU PS Blog went down. Will check again.

20. Arwin

Moderator Legend