[PS3] Singstar

Arwin

Now Officially a Top 10 Poster
Legend
I was going to start this thread because the old thread was too old, and thread-resurrection isn't looked kindly upon ... so I copied the link to an old thread to post here, when I start this thread and suddenly get a really cool box with 'similar threads you might want to read first'! Impressive, and cool, but you'd better also mention there what kind of threads you want to have resurrected or not, because this invites thread resurrection even more than usually ...

Anyway, Singstar has all systems go for December 7th, which is very exciting, because of all the music games out there this has by far the most advanced online support system for downloading new music, uploading your own performances and so on, and I'm very curious how it turns out. I really like this game, and this has all the potential of making it so much better!

Thanks for the update!
I'm excited about this title, with the whole community thing going on.

I have seen that it should be realeased december 7:th in the UK, is there any information of relase dates in other countires or is the 7:th of December world wide or EU?

I have seen preorders with USB mics, but i have also heard rumours of Bluetooth microphones, is there anyone who knows the status of wireless microphones?

Thanks.

I have seen preorders with USB mics, but i have also heard rumours of Bluetooth microphones, is there anyone who knows the status of wireless microphones?

Thanks.

According to one of the last IGN Developer Blog entries I read, they were having technical difficulties getting 2 BT mics to work at the same time. They said it was more challenging than one might think.

They ought to do a ghastly Christmas pack with those hideous Christmas songs that get repeated over and over and drive you nuts. I'm sure they'd be an easy sale over the period.

Shifty ! Stop giving them more bad Christmas song ideas >_<

When is this title due for US ? Karaoke would be great for parties.

Alright, still no idea when it's going to be released stateside, but here're some video captures from existing SingStar players:

User Interface:

Recorded SingStar performance (I'm sweating for this guy >_<)

I just bought this! Not sure yet when I get to try it, as my wife has hogged the TV to watch FireFly, but I'm sure I'll be able to give it a spin before I boot up Fedora again to finish downloading and installing all those post-installation update packages. Maybe I can even convince her to do a little duet ;)

As for the guy above, well, hey. As long as he's having fun. :p

Maybe he didn't know he got uploaded :D

Or it was on purpose. :D

Anyway, I just checked this game out, and I must say ... WOW! 10/10. This game is something else! Presentation is really, really good and being able to download so much great songs with a good starting selection too, it's awesome. But what's really great is the user generated content - I've laughed my socks off at some of these videos. There's some really good stuff out there! Both in terms of singing and in terms of comedy. :D (and the aweful stuff is funny too obviously).

Also, the online shopping integration is pretty much flaweless. I bought 8 songs from within the game, which all have excellent and pretty long video previews, then transitioned smoothly into the PSN store to check them out and add some money on the fly, then moved back to the game completely seamlessly and best of all, the songs download in the background with a progress bar in the bottom left nicely integrated into the bottom bar that's present or can be shown throughout most of the menu's. If you see this in action it feels like you've entered into a completely different era, like two-three years into the future. :p

The song selection screen is automatically updated with the newly downloaded songs. And everything looks gorgeous too! The only complaint I have is that some of the songs seem to have weaker audio than others, Feel Good Inc. almost seemed mono or something. Most stuff however is very good, though so far all the videos seem to indicate they are SD (though very good video quality, size is typically 60-70MB).

I'll post more impressions when I actually get to play the game but I'm assuming that not that much has changed there (though the song selection screen is already better, obviously better suited to being able to deal with a lot of songs). But so far, I must say, wow! This game has taken Karaoke to a new level, and it makes the other music games look very old-gen at least in terms of presentation. ;)

Yeah, that guy is great. And that girl at the end is better than the original (in fact, they both sort of are ;) ). I haven't seen the cookie monster one yet ...

Yesterday or the day before, 20 (or 21, depending on your region) songs have been added to the SingStore. :) Hope they keep this up, as I'm finding not all songs are ... eh ... suited to my vocal range. :p

I'm particularly happy with Bowie's "Let's Dance", because that suits my voice beautifully, not to mention that I like the song ... hopefully we'll see more! :)

Yesterday or the day before, 20 (or 21, depending on your region) songs have been added to the SingStore. :) Hope they keep this up, as I'm finding not all songs are ... eh ... suited to my vocal range. :p

I'm particularly happy with Bowie's "Let's Dance", because that suits my voice beautifully, not to mention that I like the song ... hopefully we'll see more! :)

If I remember correctly you can sing octaves above or below in the original singstar.

If I remember correctly you can sing octaves above or below in the original singstar.

Oh absolutely ... and you also don't have to sing the exact same words. ;) But that doesn't mean it sounds well though, and that's the problem ... Another problem I'm noticing by the way is that it is much harder to be precise, or have the pitch recognition consider you precise, when you're singing in the lower regions (I'm a bass myself). So I find myself sometimes singing very, very high if I want to score some decent points (so far though haven't scored more than 4000 on Hard :p)

Yes, only in Europe. There was some rambling about wireless mic but I'm not sure if it is indeed available.

no, the mics are wired (altho apparently improved)...personally I'm sticking with the old ones and will buy the wireless when they come out (hopefully sooner rather than later!).

Back