[PS3] Singstar

Sorry to disappoint you - I'd have loved this as well. I just played SingStar again with my son, and my amazement of SingStar still keeps growing. This time I was trying out some of the backgrounds (there's actually a trophy for that) and just discovered that they have been like the new animated PS3 themes to some extent already. I selected a sunset, and the water of the sea actually animated, and a large flock of birds passed across the sunset from left to right, really beautiful. There's more like that too. Great stuff.

Ha, my son bought the static LBP wallpaper from SingStore when we were not looking. All I heard was "LittleBigPlanet, I want this".

We made him pay for it from his piggybank afterwards. He thought it's worth it and promptly shell out the money. :rolleyes:

Anyway, the 'Singstar' bundle in this case consists of the original Beatles Rockband copy, but bundled with two Singstar microphones. In other words, if you've got a full band kit from buying Rockband or Guitar Hero previously, then this is the perfect way to fill out your full band kit to include the ability to do the three-voice harmonies that Beatles Rockband supports.

Bummer ! My piano is arriving this afternoon. As far as musical instruments go, the real ones take precedence. ^_^

Was there a 4.20 patch in US ? I don't play it as much as my family members.
http://playstation.joystiq.com/2009...working-to-fix-bugs-introduced-in-latest-pat/

The game's last patch, software update 4.20, is apparently capable of deleting purchased songs off the system's hard drive, crashing the game in the middle of those songs or generally corrupting your media files. Fortunately, SingStar v4.30 is currently undergoing QA testing, and is targeted for a December 1 release.

Quality, quality, quality.

SingStar 4.30 released

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009/12/singstar-holiday-update/

Firstly, and most importantly, this update fixes the missing songs (although you will have to re-download those that are missing), problems with videos and other issues a number of you found with the previous version update.

New features:

SingStore:

What’s Hot? – Now you can see Top 10s on the SingStore – our hottest content from current Top 10 downloads to top festive tunes.

Quick Buy – Watching a media clip of someone singing a song you really like and want to add it to your collection? Now you can go and view it directly in the SingStore with the press of a button!

SingStore On Demand – You can preview and purchase SingStore songs available directly from the Song Selection screen in the game. Just press the Square button and you can view the whole SingStore catalog while playing.

Previously Purchased Content – If you’re in SingStore, you can instantly see which songs you’ve bought before.

Download all purchased songs option – In the SingStore, you can now download all the tracks you’ve purchased before quickly and easily. Just go to ‘Purchase History’ and select from there.

My SingStar Online:

My Favorite Media – This feature allows you to bookmark your favorite media clips in the community in your profile, so you can quickly watch them again and again.

Clubs – You can transfer leadership of a club to another person.

Gameplay:

Cartoon Interface – This gives child-friendly in-game feedback and end-of-song rankings.

XMB User Player Profiles – When adding player names into your new game, you can now select from names stored on XMB (i.e. login profiles).

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2009/12/14/singstar-viewer-–-coming-soon/

SingStar Viewer, a great new SingStar app coming soon to PlayStation Store.

With SingStar Viewer, you can browse and purchase from SingStore, and watch, rate and review uploaded video clips, photos and profiles in the MySingStarOnline community – all without needing to have a SingStar disc in your PS3.

Anyone with a PSN account will be able to download SingStar Viewer for FREE from PlayStation Store and see what’s going on in the SingStar community and SingStore.

Hmm...

I think a Facebook app would be more appropriate. I thought it's okay to play 10 seconds or less of a video/music for promo purposes to avoid the royalties ?

Or at least -- if the user choose to -- a direct plug-in in the XMB itself (e.g., dynamic theme, the "What's New" pane), VidZone, or even the globe in "Life with Playstation".

I think this is actually a really good idea. It gives the users a taste of the (excellent) SingStar UI.

I think that if the time comes that Sony can legally put these videos up for more people than PS3 users, they'll probably add support to upload videos to Youtube. For now though I think it's a good idea to allow users this window on the SingStar community.

It's also very nice for SingStar owners of course, as now you have access to these community features without having to have the SingStar disc in the machine.

Sony soliciting beta testers for SingStar battle mode:
http://playstation.joystiq.com/2010/04/08/singstar-adding-online-battle-mode-this-june/

A free update coming this June will add online battles to the long-running karaoke franchise. With online battles, you'll be able to send invites to PSN friends and challenge them to songs both players own. With the PlayStation Eye, you'll even be able to broadcast a video stream of your performance to your opponent.

If you're interested in beta testing this new mode, then submit an application here. You must have a European PSN account to sign up.

I wonder if there's a way to clip a mic to PS Move via the proprietary port. Or just use PS Eye's mic.

As usual i got the email Code for this Beta but you need a Singstar PS3 Disc and Mic, if anybody has the Disc and Mic criteria then please email me and ill give ya my Code.

New features in June:
http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2010...ar-features-coming-this-june-2/#comment-71357

First up is SingStar Remote, which enables you to connect to SingStar with a PSP during a game session and create a playlist of up to 20 songs. The playlist can be edited whilst someone else is singing, allowing you to queue up loads of songs to play from a carousel on the PSP and move swiftly form one song to the next

For truly professional SingStar players we have upgraded our gameplay to give the player feedback when you are singing with extra style using your natural vibrato. We suggest honing your vibrato skill on Gold by Spandau Ballet, Street Spirit by Radiohead or one of the tracks from the Il Divo SongPack.

SingStar Clubs are expanding, a single club can now have up to 1000 members, and you will be able to join up to five clubs.

We have also made a couple of minor changes to the SingStore - you will be able to view users’ videos in the community galleries directly from a song in the SingStore, and move directly from a song to a corresponding SongPack in which it features.

I got an invitation to the release party of Singstar Kent and went there last night. It took place at a showroom for playstation games at the Gröna Lund amusement park here in Stockholm. Not a very exciting event, the band itself was only represented by their manager. Not really surprising as the band is well known to stay away from media and journalists hate them for that. But I respect that, they have integrity, they do their thing and let the music speak for them, not prostituting them self to get as much media exposure as possible. I am a big fan of their music as well and I don´t need to know what their daily life look like, the music is enough for me.

Anyway, the good thing was that I got drunk on champagne and got to play GT5 (prologue only) on a really nice setup a good chair really makes a lot of difference. There was a song contest (Singstar Kent) as well where you could win signed copy of the game, wireless mics and a PS eye. I did pretty well scoring over 9000 points, but I did not stand a chance against the two that ended up in the final.

Of some interest was that the manager told us that it only took about a year from the initial contacts from Sony until the game was released, it but involved enormous amounts of paperwork and correspondence with London.

Anyway I got the game for free when I left the event so I can´t really complain, I will probably check off a few more trophies in Singstar in the near future. :D

Nice, thanks for the impressions! It will make a nice gift for a (lady)friend of mine who's living here but from Sweden originally.

The 4.40 update is now up.

Features Revised in Version 4.40

Online Battle - play against online friends.
Create SingStar® Remote playlists via PSP™ (PlayStation®Portable).
Vibrato detection.
Option to display media outside of My SingStar Online.
Increased number of members in a club to 1000.
Player can join up to 5 clubs.
Improved search for clubs.
Link to player videos from the SingStore™.
Link from a song to a song pack.
Online news panel improvements.
Save data no longer copy protected.

They should make SingStar clubs available as a FaceBook app, or at least viewable from FaceBook directly. Some of the videos are very funny and warm.

I expected to see a p*nis drawing in one of these SingStar videos, but so far, thank god, I haven't run into one yet.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/10/08/singstar-dance-coming-november-9th-party-pack-details/

SingStar Dance officially ships on November 9th, just in time for the holiday season. You’ll be able to grab your microphone and your PlayStation Move motion controller and start singing and dancing along to some of the hottest new tracks and music videos.

For those of you who already own a SingStar microphone, be sure to pick up a copy of SingStar Dance to add to your SingStar collection. And if you’ve already picked up your PlayStation Move, you’ll be all set to start grooving along with the choreography. But for those of you who might be a little new to the SingStar franchise, we have a special bundle just for you. Check out the SingStar Dance Party Pack. The SingStar Dance Party Pack will provide you with everything you need to immediately start singing along with the entire SingStar Dance track list. The SingStar Dance Party Pack, which also launches on November 9 alongside the stand-alone game, will include:

Back