[PS3] Singstar

What happens if you only type www.singstar.com or singstar.com ?

Checked the site briefly. Yes, the user videos are there. Now let us make eGreeting cards, and oh where is my anonymity filter. :p

They also need to allow us to play the videos in Home, especially the Central Plaza.

EDIT: To a layperson, it's unclear what this site is for. It doesn't have anything to associate with Playstation clearly. May be too colorful/busy. But I'm happy they have finally started web integration.

They should make the eGreeting cards (if available) look nice, not the site. The site should be simple, clean and fast to load.

Should also send evites to some of these people to perform in Home, with anime dancers (Miku ?) like this:

(They can dance with the anime character if they want)

I was shopping yesterday and came across something you don't hear about in on-line media - a local version of Singstar featuring only Studio 100 songs, a Flemish production studio that makes a series of children's programmes and music that are very successful. About 30 songs related to these are on the disc and they are just perfect for my kid - stuff like K3, Piet Piraat, etc. he already knows and loves (will only mean something to my fellow Dutch and Flemish readers here I'm sure ;) ). He had a great time and actually started singing and dancing along automatically, and he also has this really funny 'mean face' that he puts up when he sees pirates. :LOL:

Huzzah !
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010...an-track-catalog-coming-64-songs-coming-1215/

I’m excited to share some great news regarding the US SingStore. Many of you have expressed your frustration over the months on the difference in songs on the US and European SingStore. Your voices have been heard and we’re happy to announce today that we have secured an agreement in the US with Universal Music, the world’s leading music company.

So what does this mean for you SingStar fans? This means that moving forward SingStar updates will be one and the same for both stores, and that fans in the US will have access to the same great music and artists as our friends across the pond. In addition to delivering new Universal content to the SingStore, we’ll also be going back and releasing tons of songs in large updates that previously have only been available on the European SingStore as our way of thanking you for your patience as we worked to negotiate this contract.

Would be splendid if I can buy songs from Qriocity and then use it in the game by paying slightly more. ^_^

Ah, that is great news ... it's probably to late to really help Singstar gain the excellent standing it has in Europe over in the US, but it's a start and will definitely prevent it from getting worse! Good stuff.

In its current form ? No... don't think people are that crazy over Karaoke in US. If Sony wants to target casuals in US, they will need more than SingStar. The song selection and what we can do with it is probably more important.

We envied the EU gamers when browsing the SingStar community videos though. Many songs were not available here.

Does Universal cover the musicals? Sony still haven't brought Broadway/Rogers and Hammerstein et al to singStar, and they should!

http://www.facebook.com/SingStarUK?v=app_10442206389

Hi guys,

Just to let you know, we've got a few exciting things coming up for the SingStar group.
You may notice some changes over the next few days - starting with the renaming of this group to SingStar UK. You don't have to do anything differently to access it - and it will still appear in your groups section of Facebook, so just click through as normal.

Early next week you will see the launch of You Decide - a voting system that will allow you to select your favourite musical theme. We'll give you a few weeks to drum up support and get voting - and then when you have chosen your winner, we'll put together a list of tracks and add them to the SingStore with a big discount for you.

The power is in your hands, and you can decide from three theme choices which will change every month. Just click on 'You Decide' tab on the left of the screen when you see it appear next week.
And that isn't even the best bit... stay tuned for more details, and keep singing!

The SingStar Team

Namco Bandai's P2P Karaoke service sounds more interesting:
http://forum.beyond3d.com/showpost.php?p=1600822&postcount=1519

Is SingStar going to reinvent itself ? ^_^

I am not sure if just throwing out a standalone SingStar user video website will help.

Playing Singstar again because I noticed Adele is up which is good training for my wife, when I noticed now headsets are supported. So I put the official Sony one in my ear and sure enough works great. Two neat additions!

EDIT: Playback's a bit thinny though.

Shifty Geezer said:
Do they have any Christmas selection?

I think they've had one before so that's likely still available. If I remember correctly it was half decent.

Back