[PS3] Singstar

The voice control seems pretty accurate, though I still prefer using the sixaxis as it's a bit faster for browsing and selecting.
IMO the ideal solution would have been if the mic had the basic control buttons for easy navigating.

Yeah, I also updated SingStar yesterday (came home from holiday this Thursday) and also installed the voice control. There are also new songs, trophies and some other stuff - pretty good update. I won a few t-shirts in Home for some trophies as well. Voice control just works, it always recognises what I say even if it takes a while.

Ha ha, my family started to play SingStar ABBA again yesterday. I'm still trying to figure out how to activate voice control (I don't see the voice control indicator). :oops:

Ha ha, my family started to play SingStar ABBA again yesterday. I'm still trying to figure out how to activate voice control (I don't see the voice control indicator). :oops:

If you download it from Extras first, it then appears at the beginning of 'Play Singstar' (or whatever that was called), where you can switch it on. From then on a voice indicator is on the screen and all the options you can select have the voice command shown below

Yeah, in the SingStore there's a section for Extras or something, which holds this add-on. Or at least it should! It's like a 4mb download.

Ok, how do I get PS2 Singstar's to run on the PS3 game? For the life of me I can't find where the swap disc function is within the menu! :p

I think if you're in the song selection wheel, you can change discs there, though I"m not sure if you have to do something special for that.

Yeah, I ran into it accidentally. It should be somewhere in the Song Selection screen (May need to press one of the 4 shape buttons). I can't remember how I got there anymore.

There was a SingStar presentation in the Develop conference (today ?): http://www.gamespot.com/news/6213399.html

Fans of SingStar will definitely be excited to hear about one new feature that was announced at the session--a new Clubs mode that will allow users to group together according to interest. According to Ranyard, players will be able to join a group based on high scores or an interest in publishing videos, for example. He also hinted at the possibility of finally reinstating the Career mode--last seen in the original SingStar on the PlayStation 2--and taking it online.

It's unfortunate that gamespot chose to focus on their Lips comment. Should have asked specifically what the SingStar guys have learned from Rockband and Guitar Hero.

Some info about the session...
The main topic of the session was video uploads and, specifically, how the "walled garden" that Sony created allowed them to set the tone of voice within the community. "People want to buy the song after they've seen someone else singing it, so we know that we need to implement that feature into the video player," said Ranyard.

"Also, data is king," he said. "Through online [feedback], we know that people play the game on a Saturday night. We also know that in Scandinavia, where alcohol is expensive, people play the game before going out. In the UK, where it's cheaper to drink out; they play when they get home."

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2009...singstore-motown-and-take-that-disc-releases/

All of the SingStar team is very excited about the fact that we have just signed a deal with one of the biggest music labels in the business – Universal. This will bring hits from Universal to the SingStore across SCEE territories starting with the first instalment on August 8th from the likes of Elton John, The Police and Nirvana through to more recent acts such as The Killers, Scissor Sisters and Girls Aloud.

Apart from being able to offer you a whole new range of tracks on the SingStore by signing Universal, we’re also very excited about two forthcoming disc releases: SingStar Motown and SingStar Take That. Each disc hails from a very different era, but the music from both has dominated the charts and been able to capture the imagination of many different generations across the decades.

Hope the Elton John songs make it to SingStore US one day.

Awesome SingStar info from Gamescom 2009:

Upcoming Enhancements:

SingStar Clubs
Network with other like-minded SingStar fans. Keep up with their latest video uploads and compare online scores

Video Editor
Customise your video performance with a range of special effects and editing techniques

Wallpaper Creator
Import your own photographs and images to customise your SingStar environment

SingStar Viewer
Access My SingStar Online features and the SingStore directly from the XMB

PlayStation Home integration
SingStar is coming to Home, with an interactive dancefloor, video jukebox and more

Stats:

Sales
19.5 million disc games
8.6 million microphones

SingStore
1294 songs available
5.9 million purchases

Song Packs
30 song packs available
100,000 purchases

My SingStar Online
543,000 online users
35,000 weekly online users
20,000 videos watched daily

User content
286,000 media uploads
154,000 video uploads
1 in 4 users have uploaded content

Stolen from here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=17196183&postcount=3142

Wow, amazing stuff, will boot up now. So who of us will make the Beyond3D club? :D Or should we all just join the GAF club?

Join the GAF one. Easier to meet friends.

The non-Gaffers will still be able to play with us (in other games) once they are in the chat room. ^_^

Arwin, I see that you joined the GAF club from inside SingStar. I just joined too. Bought a few more new songs. The #1 team in Top 20 is hilarious. You should check out their video. XD

Yeah, must say that I'm really happy with this update, it's a pretty big one. I like that you can see the highscores of the Club members into one ranked table for each difficulty, really nice. Being able to record and save your whole performance using the PS Eye and then selecting which 30 seconds to upload is really neat too. The SingStar team keeps on impressing me.

My only real complain is:
They need more songs for SingStar in US. Many more ! :D

The rest is rather polished. Another minor feedback is... they should put My Club in the first page so we can go there easily. I experienced 3-4 disconnects yesterday while browsing the community. They should also allow people to upload their videos to Youtube, if the song copyright people allow it. Some videos are very funny.

Also SingStar Homespace is coming on 24th September. Will post details in the Home thread since there are a couple of other additions.

YESSS ! http://www.mcvuk.com/news/35428/SingStar-Beatles-on-the-way

Beatles fans are in for a double treat this Christmas – with a SingStar-branded title dedicated to the band set to join the Fab Four’s official Rock Band game on retail shelves in September.

In great news for the High Street, MCV understands that SingStar: The Beatles Rock Band will effectively be an instrument-free version of The Beatles: Rock Band, and will be exclusively released on PlayStation 3.

How does it work ? The game is a SingStar title (UI, community and all), or is it a special Rock band game ? I much prefer it's the former.

Sorry to disappoint you - I'd have loved this as well. I just played SingStar again with my son, and my amazement of SingStar still keeps growing. This time I was trying out some of the backgrounds (there's actually a trophy for that) and just discovered that they have been like the new animated PS3 themes to some extent already. I selected a sunset, and the water of the sea actually animated, and a large flock of birds passed across the sunset from left to right, really beautiful. There's more like that too. Great stuff.

Anyway, the 'Singstar' bundle in this case consists of the original Beatles Rockband copy, but bundled with two Singstar microphones. In other words, if you've got a full band kit from buying Rockband or Guitar Hero previously, then this is the perfect way to fill out your full band kit to include the ability to do the three-voice harmonies that Beatles Rockband supports.

Back