[PS3] Metal Gear Solid 4 *spoilers*

9 hours now....

edit: Strange, a minute ago it was showing 9 hours, now it is showing 109 hours...must have been a glitch (damn the Patriots, they are still "alive" !!!).

So basically we have a 5, an E, a 3 and a mirrored 9....Whatever could that mean...:p

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't be surprised if they keep doing these small reveal nothing update's to the site, with the proper announcement at E3. This being nothing more then viralmarketing.

Personally, I would rather have an all new franchise then another sequel.

Personally, I would rather have an all new franchise then another sequel.

So would I, but we have to be careful where we say that. Its illegal in some forums, and punishable by death in others. :D

If memory serves me, he's working on 2 or 3 games simultaneously right now. If this is 1 of them, perhaps theres a good chance 1 of the others is a new IP.

Info keeps coming in:

photo0105k.jpg

There's a rumour that the new Kojima game is Lord of Shadow, some say the shape resembles this:

lordsofshadow3.jpg

I honestly dunno what to say. Whatever it is i hope we'll get to see some footage soon :)

What the hell? Even after the weekend, still no new news? :(

Well there's only 30 mins left on the countdown. Hopefully there's a proper announcement this time and not another countdown.

EDIT: Well I think it's pretty much confirmed that it's a new MGS. There's now a R and P flashing in the back and also an image of BIG BOSS! Yeah, it's another countdown though...

Well there's only 30 mins left on the countdown. Hopefully there's a proper announcement this time and not another countdown.

EDIT: Well I think it's pretty much confirmed that it's a new MGS. There's now a R and P flashing in the back and also an image of BIG BOSS! Yeah, it's another countdown though...

which pretty much means its not a sequal to MGS4 but rather a prequal, and one set a long time ago, either that or its two games.

which pretty much means its not a sequal to MGS4 but rather a prequal, and one set a long time ago, either that or its two games.

Well it's a sequel to MGS 3 (if that's what it is) so I'm happy.

It'd be interesting to see two games though - both in past and present.

It could be two games, it could be one.

For instance, what I think is raiden could easily be grey fox/null after all he is missing a eye....

OMG! If it's a a sequel to MGS3, I'd be the happiest fan alive!

I just replayed MGS3 a few weeks ago and have to say it's one of the most enjoyable games I've ever played (in my books) and shares a top spot next to FFVII. I hope they manage to bring back some of the humour (i.e. conversations between Medic and BB about food etc) of MGS3 and the great jungle environment...

That's not Big Boss. That's Big Boss's clone....

Isn't the eye-patch on the wrong side? I think it's Solidus. The game will be Solidus training Raiden to be a soldier.

End.

So then.

S E probably stand for Snake Eater.

R, P, 9 and 5?

What could they mean?

Raiden? 9 MGS games (how many are they?)? P for Patriots? Is it related to Raiden helping Big Mama to get Big Boss's body from the Patriots?

P for Prequel?

^ there may announce 2 games @ e3

PSP game with Big Boss
and PS3/? game with Raiden

with maybe some kind of conectivity between them

I just hope it's a true sequel to MGS3 - technically portable ops was but I'm hoping for a PS3 game, not another handheld.

OMG! If it's a a sequel to MGS3, I'd be the happiest fan alive!

Same here. It's easily one of my favorite games of all time and definitely my favorite MGS game, by far.

Back