[PS3] Killzone 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really, Call of Duty: W@W on the Wii already convinced me that pointer + nunchuck controls are the future of FPS gaming on consoles. Treyarch really did a fantastic job with that port. Of course, it also convinced me that they really needed to put more than two easily accessible buttons on each controller (you can always feel developers struggling with button scarcity on Wii FPSes...Nintendo put the -/+ buttons in an awkward spot, and you can't quite reach all 4 D-pad directions and keep your thumb comfortably near the A button, and there's always something mapped to shaking the nunchuck), and that's basically what Move is. In other words, the concept's been proven for a while now, but it needed some refining. Ironically, Sony's the one that took it to the next level, not Nintendo, who's sort of given up advancing motion controls.

That's not actually true, though - they did introduce Motion+, and their current controllers now have that built in by default. But I think they are in doubt as to where to go from here - I think they're finding it hard to have two levels of Motion control to support.

WHat? You mean others get to download them for free, right? it can't be that they divide the MP community on the very first day !

I have no idea how it works:
http://dlb-network.com/2010/10/kz3-helghast-edition-along-with-pre-order-bonuses-announced/

Super Voucher includes
* Retro Map Pack featuring two of the most popular multiplayer maps from Killzone 2

Yep, but they only could play with bots. They said it is the best looking Multiplayer ever.

I already expected that comment because of KZ2. The crux of the matter is the advanced classes balance.

Saw it on GAF.

Missed KZ2's soft look. Will have to walk through the level to see if the lighting works the same as KZ2.

The MP mode also supports stereoscopic 3D right ?

That looks downright stunning.
I love the artstyle of killzone3.
At last something worthwhile trading halo reach in for.

Staggeringly pretty! Question though, was is there a MP beta when the games just gone gold? This will eat up any spare time I have, Crysis 2 will have to wait, well depending on how gimped the console versions are.

That looks downright stunning.
I love the artstyle of killzone3.
At last something worthwhile trading halo reach in for.

I don't about that, Halo is a different kind of shooter. This will be more suitable for trading in COD for, since it has split screen and co-op and other stuff this time around...

The new map looks so "organic" ! :love: Love it , though, I wish there were more night time maps like KZ2. With their deffrerd engine able to do 100s of lights on screen, day time maps take away that beauty completely. Look at Salamun Market, blood gratch, Helghan Ind, etc. ! Night time makes KZ2 looks stupendous !

BTW, the open beta, its basically an MP demo. I think they should have gone for an SP demo , so that we could try out Move controls without getting frustrated !

Love it , though, I wish there were more night time maps like KZ2. With their deffrerd engine able to do 100s of lights on screen, day time maps take away that beauty completely. Look at Salamun Market, blood gratch, Helghan Ind, etc. ! Night time makes KZ2 looks stupendous !
Big Question: will the open Beta have Move support?????

According to a gaffer yeah it does support it. Turbine concourse is already a dusky night time level isn't it? I actually really like this level shown today, the lighting is simply sublime, the geometry and textures seems improved about three times over killzone 2. This level however is not post processing heavy though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back