[PS3] Killzone 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you read further, you'll see Scofield is the first one who brought up volumetric lighting.

EDIT: Like so...

I'm curious about the smoke column and godrays. I remember the godrays in the KZ2 warehouse did cast shadows. At least I could see my own shadow while I monkeyed around in the warehouse, trying to poke holes in their system. It may change scene by scene though. I think we should play the games ourselves before claiming that it does this or does not do this.

Volumetric lightinhg/shadowing in KZ2 was non-existant. Those shafts in the warehouse were hand placed not unlike this:

http://ui20.gamespot.com/787/temploftime2_2.jpg

Actually you initiated the whole conversation going by your post as you open up for an analysis of the godrays and in the context of talking about static godrays you need to showcase dynamic godrays for people to have as reference and understand what is what. :LOL: :eek:

Also yes Arwin, I am done just had to point out some things and 'spinning' going on. :smile:

Actually you initiated the whole conversation going by your post as you open up for an analysis of the godrays and in the context of talking about static godrays you need to showcase dynamic godrays for people to have as reference and understand what is what. :LOL: :eek:

Also yes Arwin, I am done just had to point out somethings and 'spining' going on. :smile:

Nope, it started off because people named godray as one of the items in their "impressed" list. I don't even care about godray. I remember nightshade loves the godray in FFXIII but I totally missed them. :LOL:

I am curious about the differences between KZ2 and KZ3 though. I pointed out that the godrays in the warehouse did cast shadow.

EDIT: I loved the lens flare in KZ2 more, and those are post-processed lens flare (so called fake lens flare). It took like 6-9% of SPU to do it. I believe L.Scofield and I had a long discussion over it months ago too !

EDIT 2: Nope, 13.1% of (one) SPU ! The 10% SPU usage is motion blur. DoF took 23% of one SPU.

What the f*** was that all about?!! That's something like half an hour spent trying to trace the derailment back to its source, and then abandoning that as an impossible task, trying to find those few game discussion posts to start afresh. What the hell happened to 'self moderation', people notcing when something was going way OT and just letting it slide? Why did no-one press the warning button earlier to prevent this catastrophic mess?! I don't have time or inclination to read every post in every thread to stop every disaster before it happens, and yet I'm called upon to clean up the crap.

Dealing with one or two miscreants and trouble makers is easy enough and something I'm willing to do to help maintain a decent community, but when the whole community itself can disregard everything it supposedly values and acts like morons...that's when you think about throwing in the towel and moving somewhere more peaceful.

I've half a mind to draw up a ban list of the dozen or so contributors to this destructive conversation. The other half of my mind is saying, "you don't need this crap. Every community is made up of its members, and they post what they want to. If insane PR-driven bitchfests are what they do, than that's because they choose to, hence leave them to it." And the little bit of mind left is saying I've an LBP2 movie I want to make, some programming I have to do, and this sorry little episode is a self inflicted chore I could do without which makes me some kind of sucker...

Anyway, game discussion resumes here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back