[PS3] Infamous

How do you get the demo ? I went into PSN in US but couldn't find any. Must I get it from the HK Store or from Qore ?

Some stores have the demo codes with the pre-order boxes, like Best Buy. Otherwise, you would have to have gotten it from the HK store before Sony pulled it. Or, if you have a friend that did download it in time, ask them to borrow their HK account so you can download it on your PS3.

That, or you have to be deepbrown. :LOL:

Being outside of North America, I bought a redeem code from eBay for $15. Desperate to play it (even though I'm hoping to get full code very soon) as Crackdown is by far and away my favourite Xbox 360 game.

How do you get the demo ? I went into PSN in US but couldn't find any. Must I get it from the HK Store or from Qore ?

Already been discussed but some kind soul from GAF offered me a share. Impressions seem overwhelmingly positive. DL'ed and about to give it a go now.

I see that the preorder on Play.com comes with an Uncharted 2 beta code! That's crazy and extremely hard to resist, but so far I haven't been interested in Infamous at all unfortunately.

Still it could be a really good push for Infamous!

I see that the preorder on Play.com comes with an Uncharted 2 beta code! That's crazy and extremely hard to resist, but so far I haven't been interested in Infamous at all unfortunately.

Still it could be a really good push for Infamous!

Shame, you should be interested in it. It's an absolutely fantastic game. Well worth the price of admission even w/out Uncharted 2.

The gameplay in the videos looks to be awesome, which is something quite rare to deduce from videos. I'm even puzzled why this game hasn't been hyped before the release of the demo, considering platforming seems quite complex with a lot of freedom, and extremely responsive controls at the cost of occasional (but fairly understandable) sacrifice of smoothness.

The real question is how much content and variety there will be in the final game.

Well, the Demo is insanely fun because the fights are so variable. Each time I've played, I've taken the fights from different spots, and it almost always feels "different" in some way. Really really love it.

haha, sorry :p

There are just so many ways to approach the battles. The second mission is probably my most favorite, because I've done it so differently each time. I'm going to play through the 3rd mission again a few times to see if it can be done the same way.

Very very fun stuff though, you guy's have a lot to look forward to (as do I!).

I managed to sneak in a few minutes to play the demo.

Only one thing to add so far: Throw away all the inFamous gameplay videos on the net.

They are boring because they gave the impression that I have to haul many lightning balls just to kill a few grunts. In the demo, your attack is powerful (especially the electric grenade).

The other impression I got from earlier trailers was that the grunts were stupid and boring. In the demo, you can in fact get your *ss handed back to you by just one "foot soldier". Some of them explode on contact (one-hit kill), a few are rather sneaky and managed to kill me by using the environment as cover. Didn't see them until they were right below me (Got headshotted at gun point by something that look like a sniper rifle).

Bottomline is you need to watch the environment for threats. You can't just run around and focus on the game objectives only. You have to be aware of your surrounding. The city is dangerous, even for a super hero.

The last thing I noticed right away was the controls. Cole reacts to the environment contextually and is very responsive. It's easy to climb, latch on, and jump onto any structure depending on where you stand.

Good job so far. I haven't seen the boss in the demo yet.

EDIT: It does not appear to have GTA4's visual problems (Aliasing is hardly noticeable for me here. Screen is not blurry. Not sure about framerate since I have not gotten into huge battle yet). The exploring is also more flexible than Assassin's Creed.

Is there some special way to get this demo? Something like having to preorder the game similar to what happened with Killzone2?

It does not appear to have GTA4's visual problems (Aliasing is hardly noticeable for me here. Screen is not blurry. Not sure about framerate since I have not gotten into huge battle yet). The exploring is also more flexible than Assassin's Creed.

Screen isn't blurry but you've got to work really hard not to noticeable the aliasing which often looks pretty poor. In most action scenes, frame rate is between 20-25fps, otherwise at 30fps. On certain cut-scenes or when you're on a quay, it can go as high as 50fps.

I managed to sneak in a few minutes to play the demo.

Only one thing to add so far: Throw away all the inFamous gameplay videos on the net.

They are boring because they gave the impression that I have to haul many lightning balls just to kill a few grunts. In the demo, your attack is powerful (especially the electric grenade).

The other impression I got from earlier trailers was that the grunts were stupid and boring. In the demo, you can in fact get your *ss handed back to you by just one "foot soldier". Some of them explode on contact (one-hit kill), a few are rather sneaky and managed to kill me by using the environment as cover. Didn't see them until they were right below me (Got headshotted at gun point by something that look like a sniper rifle).

Bottomline is you need to watch the environment for threats. You can't just run around and focus on the game objectives only. You have to be aware of your surrounding. The city is dangerous, even for a super hero.

The last thing I noticed right away was the controls. Cole reacts to the environment contextually and is very responsive. It's easy to climb, latch on, and jump onto any structure depending on where you stand.

Good job so far. I haven't seen the boss in the demo yet.

EDIT: It does not appear to have GTA4's visual problems (Aliasing is hardly noticeable for me here. Screen is not blurry. Not sure about framerate since I have not gotten into huge battle yet). The exploring is also more flexible than Assassin's Creed.

Well, direct feed Screens showed Terrible Aliasing ! I was thinking that there is no AA at all in this game, you seem to be saying the opposite.

Also, is this code the final retail code?

Is there some special way to get this demo? Something like having to preorder the game similar to what happened with Killzone2?

Yes, I preordered at BestBuy. GameStop would work too.

Screen isn't blurry but you've got to work really hard not to noticeable the aliasing which often looks pretty poor. In most action scenes, frame rate is between 20-25fps, otherwise at 30fps. On certain cut-scenes or when you're on a quay, it can go as high as 50fps.

Well, direct feed Screens showed Terrible Aliasing ! I was thinking that there is no AA at all in this game, you seem to be saying the opposite.

Also, is this code the final retail code?

My bad !

I didn't notice aliasing because I don't generally pick out these details while playing the game in my living room. I would pick it out better in the office (coz I sit much closer). There are a lot of activities going on. Looking for aliasing problems would be the last thing on my mind. Looking for the drained feeder boxes while evading gunshots was my priority. I'll play the demo again later this week to see how bad the aliasing is.

However, GTA4 was different because in the opening scene, you started in an area where there were lotsa of fences and some powerlines under a highway. As I struggled to control the car, I ended up smashing into the fences (looking into them real close) frequently. The visual experience was just terrible. A few minutes after, the game panned out and I got used to the visuals.

Back