[PS3] Infamous

No, the bad guys have hoodies and it's the motif on the hood.

Does anyone else notice a resemblance to Cole and Hale from Resistance (Particular in the train station video at IGN when he leans over someone in a subway)

I have pretty much been ignoring this game until now. At E3 we saw a terrible frame rate and jaggies everywhere, now the frame rate seems pretty solid and there is at least 2xAA and it looks far more interesting to me.

Definite purchase for me now, although I do wish Sucker punch and Naughty Dog didn't completely forget about Sly and Jax and more cartoony games.

Is he fighting a panda ?! :D

Upon further inspection he may be... :D

pandayf7.jpg

The latest Game Trailers TV is an exclusive look at inFamous. The game is shaping up great, lots of power, lots of exploration and the city is great looking. I'm hoping this will be a surprise hit like Crackdown.

New trailer showing more enemies and new power (Polarity Shield)

[gt]46635[/gt]

I think I know why I am on the fence for inFamous so far.

* Not too keen in sand box games (Boring if player action has no strategic influence to the entire game world. This point has not come out strongly in inFamous interviews so far. May be I missed it)

* Enemies not challenging enough (Cole is very powerful, may be too powerful. Would be great if future trailers show Cole gets owned by enemies, or in some kind of danger)

* Level looks too normal (Although this was somewhat addressed in an earlier trailer, which I really like).

Other than the above, the game and visual effects look great. ^_^

I believe the thing about Cole's powers is that they develop over time, according to the dev. You don't walk into the game with the abilities in that trailer. It appears that your powers increase to be able to deal with the difficulty of a new threat. Plus, Cole runs out of juice the more you use his powers. That ramps up the difficulty level, IMO.

Sucker Punch basically said they wanted the player to pinched in certain situations, like a superhero/supervillain would be at times.

* Not too keen in sand box games (Boring if player action has no strategic influence to the entire game world. This point has not come out strongly in inFamous interviews so far. May be I missed it)

* Enemies not challenging enough (Cole is very powerful, may be too powerful. Would be great if future trailers show Cole gets owned by enemies, or in some kind of danger)

I suspect the problem is that you hate fun. Why do you hate fun, patsu? :cry::cry:

Heh heh, it's a new franchise. No one really cares about Cole (yet). The trailers need to tell us how different and fun the game will be in a very short time.

They have been focusing on Cole's electric power so far. Showing him in danger or in charge of the larger/meta sandbox environment would give a fresher perspective of the gameplay. I believe the developers mentioned these elements before.

I liked the last trailer because it gave me a glimpse of the unusual city level, instead of the same old city blocks.

I believe the thing about Cole's powers is that they develop over time, according to the dev. You don't walk into the game with the abilities in that trailer. It appears that your powers increase to be able to deal with the difficulty of a new threat. Plus, Cole runs out of juice the more you use his powers. That ramps up the difficulty level, IMO.

Sucker Punch basically said they wanted the player to pinched in certain situations, like a superhero/supervillain would be at times.

Correct. Cole powers do run out and the users have to find a power source to charge back up but if you are in an area that doesn't have electricity that would be kinda hard to do.

Heh heh, it's a new franchise. No one really cares about Cole (yet). The trailers need to tell us how different and fun the game will be in a very short time.

They have been focusing on Cole's electric power so far. Showing him in danger or in charge of the larger/meta sandbox environment would give a fresher perspective of the gameplay. I believe the developers mentioned these elements before.

I liked the last trailer because it gave me a glimpse of the unusual city level, instead of the same old city blocks.

I don't know. Part of the fun of Hulk: Ultimate Destruction was that, as The Hulk, you were not vulnerable. You were vastly more powerful than everyone else, but that didn't mean the game was devoid of challenge. A huge fun is the mayhem, it's the playing with ridiculous powers in a sandbox. I, at least, don't want to constantly meet up with enemies who are my equals. As a superhero I want to tear through henchmen.

So be it then. For that kind of game, I imagine the game world would be highly destructible. They should show off these elements if available. Right now, the inFamous trailers are very pretty, but they don't stand out as well as it should IMHO.

[size=-2]Exploding cars are already over done.[/size]

So be it then. For that kind of game, I imagine the game world would be highly destructible. They should show off these elements if available. Right now, the inFamous trailers are very pretty, but they don't stand out as well as it should IMHO.

[size=-2]Exploding cars are already over done.[/size]

Destructibility is desirable, but I don't think it's necessary either. It's more about giving the impression of power. It's hard to explain, but it's something that, say, God of War does very well, better than Devil May Cry. And it was the initial (and only, IMO) appeal of the Dynasty Warriors series and its many spinoffs and ripoffs.

I think I get what you mean. But do you get the GoW vibe watching the inFamous trailer ? I have this irking feeling that something's missing.

Dynasty Warrior and spin offs are hack-n-slash game. It would be a shame if inFamous ends up being one. The game has quite a bit of freedom and exploration. All they need to add are interesting, unexpected and powerful encounters. The city is very well crafted so far (Seems to have a mix of landscape). I remember the developers also talked about saving innocent people or killing them to change the game's flow. Would love to hear more about it.

Back