PS3 Firmware 3.0

I read through the comments on the EU blog post. It looks like the PS3->PS3 transfer cannot copy protected game saves.

Sony will have to find another way to do that. I think they should allow people to copy protected game saves, but prevent unauthorized users from reading them. That way I can backup any of my saves, protected or otherwise.

Once they solve this problem at the game save level, then it will work with PS3->PS3 transfer and PS3->USB copy.

I read through the comments on the EU blog post. It looks like the PS3->PS3 transfer cannot copy protected game saves.

Sony will have to find another way to do that. I think they should allow people to copy protected game saves, but prevent unauthorized users from reading them. That way I can backup any of my saves, protected or otherwise.

Once they solve this problem at the game save level, then it will work with PS3->PS3 transfer and PS3->USB copy.

I think there are definitely ways to do it.

For instance, a "transfer" option that encrypts the file and will delete the game save after it is copied to the HDD. Then, you move that file to the new PS3 and "activate" it via PSN. Bees knees.

3.15 is up !

EDIT: According to here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=18819750&postcount=421

The PS3 <-> PS3 transfer will copy protected saved data.

2moa7pt.jpg

Well, blog says its optional, but Sony won't let me on PSN without updating!
Why So?

Is it available for download on PC? My net connection is giving problems, disconnecting once every 15mins, I need to pause and resume the download.

3.20 debug firmware showing "3D Video Output":
http://www.vg247.com/2010/02/11/rumour-pics-show-3d-video-output-in-ps3-firmware-3-20/

Screenshot is here:
http://assets.vg247.com/current//2010/02/2.jpg

the [3D Video Output] feature appears to be included in the 3.20 release, which is apparently now in the hands of developers.

Koller did add a caveat, saying, “You will, however, have to have a 3D TV and the glasses to get the full experience and Blu-ray movies in 3D will require a separate firmware update, which will be required by the end of the year”.

Hmm, i wonder if the setting is a simple on/off or if there will be multiple output format settings. Would it be possible for the PS3 to support different output formats in firmware rather than in the game? For example if the standard for PS3 games is to render a 2x720p @ 60hz side by side frame could the PS3 then take this and convert it internally into a 720p @ 120Hz output for tvs that only support processing of that format?

Is the option to output audio via optical while outputting video from HDMI, that came with some previous firmware update, somehow related to the forthcoming 3D update.

Isn't it so that bandwidth for 3d picture + lossless sound would require 1.4 standard HDMI?

So, will PS3 be able to output just losssy Dolby Digital and dts if 3D is enabled?

HDMI 1.3 has the same bandwidth as HDMI 1.4. So you should be able to do 3D video and lossless audio at the same time.

That said, Sony owes us the Blu-ray Managed Copy update also.

Is the option to output audio via optical while outputting video from HDMI, that came with some previous firmware update, somehow related to the forthcoming 3D update.

Isn't it so that bandwidth for 3d picture + lossless sound would require 1.4 standard HDMI?

So, will PS3 be able to output just losssy Dolby Digital and dts if 3D is enabled?

That option has always been there. Its so you can use a sound system that doesnt have a HDMI input. I have been using this from launch.

Wasn't cross game chat a leak ? Some GAFFers mentioned that it's in the developer firmware for about a year. Has Sony acknowledged it officially ?

Back