PS3 Firmware 3.0

Whats wrong with iplayer?

Only used it a couple of times and apart from it only streaming SD content it worked as intended.

Whats wrong with iplayer?

Only used it a couple of times and apart from it only streaming SD content it worked as intended.

Just me being a grinch. I have a very poor internet connection here (<800Kbps avg) and iPlayer isn't smart enough to dynamically adjust to crap bandwidth!!

Small thing but I got the TV section now as well with the news broadcasting organisation's icon that gives you a YouTubeXL like page with links to the latest news, the second latest news, the news for children, sports stuff and some other stuff. It's certainly no BBC iPlayer, but at least it's something. ;) In the window it can be a bit stuttery but the full screen mode is pretty good.
The TV function doesnt exist now for me on the other accounts, except the Euro account which has the iPlayer but doesnt work since my IP isnt uk

EA is at fault too.

But if Sony didn't have third-parties drop their online features like the ones EA had for their PS2 games in favor of a not-ready-for-primetime PSN, usability might be a lot better right now.

Wait...are you really trying to suggest that Sony had EA drop those features?

What exactly is stopping EA from supporting the exact same visibility in their own friends list in-game similar to what they did for PS2? Certainly not Sony. Or are you just looking to place the blame on someone?

Also, Madden 10 has presence data when playing online, so it's entirely up to the developer. Sony put the tools on the table.

I don't exactly understand your hatred for Sony, nor your "not-ready-for-primtime" moniker that you've given to PSN, given it does what's most important, and that's let you easily play games online with friends. The other crap is just short cuts for people who, IMO, have been spoiled. 2 extra steps (literally less than a minute of messaging) does not make PSN "bad".

That said, I really shouldn't listen to anything you say, given you only touch your PS3 once a week and have already been wrong on many points concerning features PS3 related.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009/11/digital-comics-reader-now-available-for-psp-get-a-free-issue/

Not sure if I can use it because I have a Japan PSP-1000. The comic reader has a JP interface.

Yeah, my European PSP-1000 allowed me to pick any Western location including U.S. (though not my own country). I picked U.K. thinking I might pick U.S. on my Japanese PSP (which runs the exact same firmware), but the Comic reader is labelled Japanese right from the XMB and I get a Japanese webpage telling me that the Japanese comic store will be open something like 10 December? And no other options. Pretty weird actually.

But it was interesting to see that at least I could pick most anything on my EU PSP. I remember an interview back here with a representative of Marvel I think who was (made?) aware that over here we often don't mind reading comics in English and so they were thinking about ways to allow people to buy comics in different languages. So maybe that's what we're seeing in action over here.

I'm not sure about this but probably this is a new feature ;

I was playing BC2 Beta and game froze. So I turned off system by main power switch on the back. After turning it on I got a message like this ;
" The system was not turned off properly the last time it was used.

Turn off the system in either of the following ways to help avoid data loss or corruption or damagae to the system.

1- Push the button 2 secs
2- Choose Turn off the System in the Menu "

I've never seen this before fw3.10 despite doing the same thing several times.

I'm not sure about this but probably this is a new feature ;

I was playing BC2 Beta and game froze. So I turned off system by main power switch on the back. After turning it on I got a message like this ;

I've never seen this before fw3.10 despite doing the same thing several times.

I believe fw3.10 also has error reporting, so if you have hard crashes or other major errors, they will send to Sony.

Bit too late for that, should have been included in the slim firmware upgrade.

Lost all my saves and already had a buyer for my 60gb PS3.

You could have put them on a USB stick/drive. I backed up my saves (except the copy protected ones).

I'm wondering if this includes game data / DLC etc., because that would be awesome. Although I have my doubts as the backup restore feature won't even allow this (and I don't understand why).

You could have put them on a USB stick/drive. I backed up my saves (except the copy protected ones).

I'm wondering if this includes game data / DLC etc., because that would be awesome. Although I have my doubts as the backup restore feature won't even allow this (and I don't understand why).

Because they do not want you to restore stuff to your friends PS3, ie he gets it for free.

This solution, I assume lets you move all content, since it deletes it from the original device after moving the data,

But content is sharable anyway and accounts can only be active on 5 machines. If someone does restore on a different machine, then that takes up one of your slots.

On GAF someone who has been reliable so far said that transferring locked saves will delete them from one machine and copy them to the other (well, not in that order).

Nice!

We launched minis for PSP back in October but from the 17th December you will be able to enjoy these bite size games on your PS3 as well as your PSP. This firmware update allows the minis emulator to work on PS3 and we are working on getting the majority of the current minis ready for the PS3 from the 17th December.
Check out great titles like ‘Blast off’ (8.5/10 – IGN), ‘Fieldrunners’, “a wonderfully crafted casual nugget” (8/10 – Eurogamer) or ‘Kahoots’, “a must-buy” (8/10 – Videogamer).
If you buy a minis game from the 17th it will work on both platforms so if you have a PS3 and a PSP you will only need to buy it once and it will be available to download to your PS3 and your PSP.
If you have already bought a mini for PSP and want to get it on your PS3 as well, just go to your download list in the Store and download it again for free. The game will then work on your PS3 as well. Simple!

I really wish they would do something similar for HDD back up.

i.e. create a "package" of all save files, etc, and then it will "delete" all the data from the old PS3, then you can copy it to the new one. The current system is now broken because save filed are locked to the hardware and not the PSN ID.

On GAF someone who has been reliable so far said that transferring locked saves will delete them from one machine and copy them to the other (well, not in that order).

I must admit I'd love to see them do it in that order. Would be a breakthrough in backup technologies. ;-) [cue Twilight Zone music]

Back