PS Business Briefing 2006 March official info

one

Unruly Member
Veteran
It has begun, so let's add new info officially announced by SCE to this thread...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT:

PR from SCEE:
15/03/2006
PLAYSTATION®3 Launches Worldwide in Early November 2006
15/03/2006
PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) Continues to Evolve Expanding the World of Portable Entertainment With New Peripherals, Features and Services

15/03/2006
Comment from David Reeves, President and CEO of Sony Computer Entertainment Europe on the announcement of PLAYSTATION 3 launch
"We are absolutely delighted that we will be able to bring PS3 to gamers in Europe and Australia before Christmas. This is an exciting first for Europe, and is a huge endorsement and vote of confidence in the strength of the European market and its importance globally”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In a nutshell,

+ 100 million PS2 sold / 1 billion games sold
+ New PSP peripherals and memstick boot
+ PS3 WW launch in November
+ PS3 supports full HD, full BD, and next-gen HDMI
+ Full PS2/PS1 BC
+ HDD is "required" - The 60GB HDD has Linux installed
+ The basic service in PS3 network is free
+ All games are released on BD-ROM

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Famitsu streaming

The PS3 part of Kutaragi's speech

The PSP part of Kutaragi's speech

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds good to me, but assuming it comes out in Japanese first, I think you're going to be a one-man-army for a bit One. :)

xbdestroya said:
Sounds good to me, but assuming it comes out in Japanese first, I think you're going to be a one-man-army for a bit One. :)
Well I think all major Western media in their Tokyo branches are at the conference venue for sure! ;)

I would help but by the time I wake up its all over and one has it translated for you guys :D.

EDIT : just checked gamewatch and nothing yet :D

ps-biz-brief-06-kutaragi-promises-clarification-20060314102103271.jpg

Sony Computer Entertainment officially kicked off its 2006 PlayStation Business Briefing just moments ago. SCE President Ken Kutaragi took to the stage almost immediately following the press conference's start time and apologized for all the PlayStation 3 speculation that has taken place over the past few months.

"It is my aim," Kutaragi said, "To clear things up about the PlayStation 3 today. The PS2, the PS3, the network, and Future Cell Network will all be addressed."

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/696/696043p1.html

PSP will get a videophone in Fall :!: and PSP EyeToy will be released.
Hot Shot Golf GPS is also scheduled. Macromedia Flash will be supported in PSP by the next firmware update. Bootup from Memory Stick will be also supported in Fall. PSP games will be on the online download store.

one said:
PSP will get a videophone in Fall :!: and PSP EyeToy will be released.
Hot Shot Golf GPS is also scheduled.

Do you know if they said anything about these pluggin into the USB port on the top of the machine? The PSP EyeToy could be really interesting.

PSP eyetoy and GPS? Very nice :)

edit - also, memory stick boot support in the Autumn too? About time! :D

He's expected to announce the release dates for the PS3 in all three major territories (our sources indicate October in Japan and November in the U.S.), reveal a bunch of new PS3 titles, and discuss a major new firmware upgrade for the PSP. Stay tuned for more updates in the next few minutes.
http://1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3148775
dunno what to say.... o_O.

edit: anybody know how long this briefing is supposed to last?

Hmm so he's getting all the preliminary stuff out of the way before the big announcements everyone wants to hear. Kinda like how Steve Jobs does it with his "One more thing" shtick.

Really is the PSP stuff so secret that he would have announced it only to 3rd-parties and not to the media?

Bad_Boy said:
edit: anybody know how long this briefing is supposed to last?

I think one of the news stories said an hour, but I think their E3 2005 presentation was also supposed to be an hour, so it could be going on for a while longer.

wco81 said:
Really is the PSP stuff so secret that he would have announced it only to 3rd-parties and not to the media?
well we all knew a eyetoy, and gps was in sony's minds for the psp, we just didnt know quite when. i think this is on the same lines as announcing the PStwo at the last brief like this. why do you sound dissapointed? dont get me wrong, i want ps3 news too!

ofcourse, saving the best for last isnt too bad. :)

im happy about the video phone, that should be sweet! i got many friends with psp's across states so ill definately be getting into that.

Gremmie said:
I think one of the news stories said an hour, but I think their E3 2005 presentation was also supposed to be an hour, so it could be going on for a while longer.
thanks Gremmie.

PS3 has next-generation HDMI from the beginning.

The release date for PS3 is the first half of November.

The launch is worldwide :!: :!: :!:

just started a thread on the PSP. So far this isall that is known.

-psone emulator service for the psp
-Macromedia Flash will be included with a spring Network update
-Starting this fall, the PSP will use RSS channel features. Video and voice-over-IP will release in October in "motion jpg" format. The PSP's own version of the EyeToy will launch a month earlier in September and the peripheral will feature EyeToy Play and video chat. The camera is sliver and it attaches to the USB port.
-downloadable games service

Back