Project: Spark [XO]

Ok well good news then! My only uploaded creation is under Talryyn and is named: Little in the World (WIP)

I have now added a simply puzzle that activates a gate instead of the rope bridge, and am now working on a swamp puzzle that is a bit of a throwback to Space Quest. Trying to work out how to respawn the toon on death from the monster, right now I have backed that out to just be a fade to cinematic with a position change while that happens.

I like that you get to use bool, vector, when(if)/do(then), global variables, in the kodes. I keep discovering more and more power in the programming. It does seem to have a memory leak though, generally the application will crash when it gets to around 2gb of mem usage.

Some of the particle effects might run fine on your computer, but it is said on lesser systems it will bog and make the level unplayable. So be careful, and avoid fog and such for the time being.

There really is enough here that I would think you could easily sell your creations, think of it like a replacement for XNA to a degree.
Maybe those distant rumors have some future truth to them.

Beware the swamp:
PS_8.png

PS_7.png

Edit 2: Link to Gallery

Edit 3: 5.3GB in task manager...

Last edited by a moderator:
X1 beta most likely in February, if you have a current Win8 beta key it will work for X1. It is possible that patch will be out tomorrow if not on Monday. I did not catch all the details though.

I really hope they open this up and release it for Windows 7. I use Macs and have Windows 7 for a few games, but I don't game enough to make upgrading to Windows 8 worth the cost.

I could spend a fair few hours playing with Project Spark.

Windows 8.1/Xbox One (in near future) beta code

JJ803-726N4-0J48J-M845L-8J400

Use it as your will.

==============

Is there any tutorial for designing brains?

Windows 8.1/Xbox One (in near future) beta code

JJ803-726N4-0J48J-M845L-8J400

Use it as your will.

==============

Is there any tutorial for designing brains?
Thanks!! So I have to use a code? I thought it was available for download. Gotta check now. If I don't see the beta available for download I may well use your code.

The beta weighs 1,44GB afaik.

You can use Kinect to capture your gestures and transform them into animations, voice commands, etc.

http://projectsparkblog.tumblr.com/post/78542302263/project-spark-on-xbox-one-march-4th-release-notes-1

New Project Spark video showing some of the things people have created with it so far:

Some spare codes if anyone needs them..
7RNK2-UUR86-4U528-JMT7T-KXNXX
7RNKN-382PR-4XN3T-J84U2-85RNX
7RNU8-TRJM5-NN6R5-2PPJ2-8MKNX
7RNUP-NMN8U-3T8P7-7UURN-4TK2X

Please post which/if you use any so people don't attempt to grab the same one. Make sure you redeem on the projectspark.com website not in the store. Thanks.

I just used the last code: 7RNUP-NMN8U-3T8P7-7UURN-4TK2X

Thank you very much for these Rockster! Very kind of you! :)

Back