Project Gotham Racing 4

i think they are delaying showing some info due to MsGameStudios believing it could affect Forza 2 sales... just like Epic Games delaying UT3 XB360 announcement quite a time after Gears of War success

then, one day... PGR4 info released!!! :LOL:

April OXM cover shot coming (see at the link below)

Enhanced Weather Simulation: “One of the slickest new features in PGR is its weather. Bizarre’s using what it likes to call ‘extreme weather’ for more than just making the sky gray. Water beads up on beautifully on all the gorgeous paintjobs, spray jets out from the tires, and in the in-car view, wipers move and windshields ice up.”

Enhanced Raceway Environments: “A TV-style intro sets up each event, with a commentator offering wisdom…Choppers buzz overhead, camera crews and video vans are everywhere, and hordes of fans line the track. They’ll wear gear with your logo, wave your national flag, and react far more obviously to your performance.”

Extended Car Selection: “PGR4 will deliver a much broader set of vehicles, ranging from a vintage’63 Corvette Sting Ray and the ’54 Maserati 250F to the sleek, ultra-modern Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano.”

On the tracks: “You won’t want to miss out on your viewing time with PGR4’s tracks, which tally up to 200-plus in 10 locations.”

On Xbox Live initiatives: “PGR4’s cooking up a mysterious new matchmaking system (like Halo 2’s).”

On in-car view: ” Bizarre has two key improvements in the works.You’ll now see drivers moving more- feeding the wheel as they zip through turns or pumping their fist after a win. Special effects will also crank up the tension in key moments: you’ll get a shake effect at high speeds, and your vision will blur after spending some quality time with a a wall.”

In conclusion: “PGR4 feels hugely promising- like a proper sequel with loads of cool new toys.”

That’s all we managed to secure from the OXM guys, so for the full story and a bunch more you’ll need to grab a copy yourself when it hits stands April 10th. If you can’t wait for the full game don’t hold your breath yet, since the current ETA for PGR4 is next winter
http://www.xboxic.com/news/2666

Last edited by a moderator:
i think they are delaying showing some info due to MsGameStudios believing it could affect Forza 2 sales... just like Epic Games delaying UT3 XB360 announcement quite a time after Gears of War success

They're worried about fueling Gran Turismo! :LOL:

[size=-2]"From the minds who brought you the PS3 launch comes the latest deft marketing move. In an attempt to advertise a new trailer for Gran Turismo HD download, Sony's PSP video download site ran an ad using a picture -- not from the demo -- but from rival racer Project Gotham Racing 3." – Game Informer (April 2007)[/size]​

Has anyone seen the italian magazine PGR4 screens ? According to a dev, they come from his buffer, and I would never have believed a replay would look that good on 360. Polyphony had better release an amazing GT prologue !

Has anyone seen the italian magazine PGR4 screens ? According to a dev, they come from his buffer, and I would never have believed a replay would look that good on 360. Polyphony had better release an amazing GT prologue !

Yeah, I've seen them. Those aren't replay, those are frame-buffer, thus illustrating how the game looks currently and it is whoa.

I know, I've said it comes from his buffer... but i can't believe it looks that good ingame. I'll have to see it with my very eyes.
Remember PGR3's first screenshots.... they were incredible as well. The game (ingame, not talking about photomode) was good and great looking, but far from being as good looking as the first screens

Somebody posted them on another forum

Edit: I typed the title when I wasn't sure where the screens came from (they were on an imageshack account) so could a mod please delete that part? You apparantly can't edit that part.

Okay I was wondering why nobody posted the scans but apparantly you can't post them unless it's from an old magazine and OXM has it's preview in it's next magazine that comes out on april 10 so I guess that's when MS will release promotional shots. For those wondering, it looks to me like the best looking racing game ever. Like palamede said, there was no motion-blur, DOF, etc. AA might have been a little high but AA wasn't that bad in the last games. The two shots I saw had A LOT of rain (I mean individual drops bouncing on the road and beading on the car) and I'm guessing that driving in rain will affect driving conditions if your windshield wipers (according to a rumor) come on. They also say in the magazine that it's a work-in-progress and there's still 6 months.

- Link removed at request -

:devilish:

Tracks:

Tokyo
Las Vegas
New York
Nürburgring
London
Shanghai
"Fantasy City"
TBA
TBA
TBA

Enjoy!

edit: first one's gone i am afraid :LOL:

I don't know. TOS says don't show scans of anything other than a "vintage" issue. Very gray area to post the link anyways.

Back